Re: X-server is missing?!

  • William David Porter
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2000
      You might try reloading the XServer RPM from the CD, or downloading the XServer from the net. If
      it's missing that file, that's all there is for it. (At least as far as I know)

      On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, your fingers stroked the following keys:
      > From: Henrik Leghissa <Soulreaper@...>
      > Hi!
      > When I install Redhat 6.1 the stetup DOESN'T reckognize my graphicscard
      > (Trident Cyberblade i7 AGP 8 MB). When I try and run the Xconfigurator
      > or xconf I try and add a svga-server OR select the Cyberblade from the
      > cardlist. Then I save the settings, but when I type startx it says errno3
      > errno 111 etc. It says that an xserver is not existingor something. This (I think)
      > has something to do with the fact that the setup didn't find my card in the setup
      > and hmm... it exits Xconfigurator telling me that no xserver exists. I also tried
      > various "accelerated cards" and also tried the vga option... nothing...
      > I did a superprobe and well I got to say that it was a Trident with 256kbytes of memory.
      > This CAN'T be right when I'm having 8 megs... it said it was a pci, the card
      > is AGP. When I tried to add the card the Xconfigurator exited with the following
      > errormessage:
      > "Server doesn't exist, can't continue.
      > tried to use ../ .//usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA"
      > I also have a Voodoo2 accelerator on pci, but should this interfere with the installation?!
      > I mean... why is this?! I would really want some help.
      > Maybe you have some ideas on this?!
      > I'll appriciate if you could email me directly instead of sending to the list, due to the fact
      > that I receive 150+ emails a day and it's a pain in the *** to "sort out" the information I
      > receive on a daily basis. The email to send to is Soulreaper@...
      > Thanks in advance!
      > /Henrik
      > Tired of missing calls while online? Now you can surf the Internet
      > without worrying about missing important calls! CallWave's FREE
      > Internet Answering Machine lets you hear who's calling while online.
      [begin lore]
      "Windows95: A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top
      of an 8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by
      a 2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition."