Re: [linux] What can a webserver handle???

  • Mark Zehner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2000
      --- In LINUX_Newbies@egroups.com, "Tim Shanks" <frmr96@s...> wrote:
      > I have a webserve that I would like to test to see how many
      hits/minute & per day it can handle and such. I do not plan to do
      much ftp with it, mainly just serving up web pages, and small cgi
      scripts.

      > Also, wondering if anyone knows of a X-windows client I can setup
      on my win98 machine to access my Linux Server that is outside of my
      network. We use a standard network that goes through a DSL router.
      Can someone please help....

      > Thanks
      > Tim

      I don't know how to test your webserver for hits but to access your
      Linux computer using X you will want Virtual Network Computer (VNC)
      from AT&T. At
      http://ctdp.homestead.com/files/os/linux/usersguide/index.html there
      is a section on using X remotely. Click on section 41. It tells you
      where to get the program, how to install it and how to use it. VNC
      is the best program I know for remote X access from a Windows box.

      By the way, the program you will run on the Win98 computer is a X
      server, and the client is actually running on the Linux side. I know
      this sound strange, but it has to do with the fact that the Linux
      computer is actually asking for screen, mouse, and keyboard interface
      service from the Win98 side. If you don't realize this, you can
      become confused when reading documentation.

      I hope this helps

      Mark