VIA-chipset bugs

  • nesnaidrah@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 6:25 AM
      I have linux RH 7.0 installed on my machine, which MB is ABIT KT7A
      use VIA chipset, i already installed driver for my video card and
      soundcard Aureal SQ2500, everything goes well, until i try to play
      xmss, my linux always hang, not just play xmss, but trying to produce
      sound, (except playing cd, it works)and i read that it's because of
      via chipset. do anyone got idea about what i have to do? or have
      anyone heard any fix about this? i have read VIA-chipset
      documentation, and allready do what they told, to recompile my kernel
      without PCI quirks, and still dun work. Your idea are welcomed, thank
      you.
    • jbpassmore@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31 6:35 PM
        Hmmm . . .

        I've been lurking here planning on installing a distro (thinking about
        something simple and small, like Peanut, or maybe just simple
        (Mandrake?).

        Anyway, I've got a VIA KT133 chipset on a Biostar M7VKB w/ 800 MHz
        Thunderbird Athlon. Where did you find tips on recompiling, etc.?

        TIA,
        Jim