Re: Looks like Red Hat

  • JamesSwanson454@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2000
      BTW, NT defaults to 256K of cache. It gets confused when there is less, and you have to add a registry entry to make it see less or more. Don't ask me what it is because I forgot it. I picked it up from one of the NT newsgroups, put added the entry to the registry of my NT server that has 512K of cache, and it runs faster.

      LINUX_Newbies@onelist.com wrote:

      > From: Colin Lehmann <lehmannc@...>
      >
      > Thanks for the help. I am actually investing in a Celeron 500 for my NT4
      > stuff and will be using the 'old' P133 for Linux.
      > Mandrake sounds like the one but I didn't know that when investing in
      > CD's in Bangkok last week so I will use the Red Hat to get started (it
      > looks the easiest too) and maybe upgrade when Linux becomes a friend.
      > Thanks,
      > Colin

      > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0.0
      > percent Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no hidden
      > fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the credit you deserve.
      > Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at

    • William David Porter
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2000
        Colin, if you'll mail me a blank cd to
        William David Porter
        Box 820575
        North Richland Hills, Texas 76182-0575
        I'll burn you a copy of 6.2, and I am going to be downloading 7.2 in a week or
        so. So if I get 7.2 downloaded before then, I can burn it for you.

        Bill

        On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, you fingers previously stroked the following keys:
        > From: Colin Lehmann <lehmannc@...>
        >
        > Thanks for the help. I am actually investing in a Celeron 500 for my NT4
        > stuff and will be using the 'old' P133 for Linux.
        > Mandrake sounds like the one but I didn't know that when investing in
        > CD's in Bangkok last week so I will use the Red Hat to get started (it
        > looks the easiest too) and maybe upgrade when Linux becomes a friend.
        > Thanks,
        > Colin

        > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0.0
        > percent Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no hidden
        > fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the credit you deserve.
        > Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at

        Dohhhhh!!! crash is NT....Should learn force of LINUX.

        -- Homer the Jedi SysAdmin

        William David Porter
        kuj0@...
        #LINUX_City on DalNet