Re: Starting software twice Linux

  • Pascal
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 21 5:22 AM
      > > > 2 Terminal 2 Tasks
      > > >
      > > > I start terminal one Midori
      > > > I start terminal 2 Midori.
      > > > I kill terminal 1 and both Midoris are destroyed.
      > > >

      > > > is it possible to use
      > > > a programm like ff oder midori
      > > > independent from the other software?
      > >

      > > Hi Sophie,
      > >
      > > it's not entirely clear to me what you are actually trying to achieve. I mean, why would you want start a certain program like a web browser twice? That might make sense for a file converter say, like Soundconverter, but for Midori and the like? Or are you rather after what different ways are there to kill a process?
      > >
      > > Pascal
      > >
      > I have used two different browsers open at the same time, plus some are file browsers as well as web browsers, based on KDE, I think. It may depend on how much RAM you have.

      Hi Joan,

      I understood Sophie thus that she wanted to run the same program twice as two instances at the same time, not two different browsers (FF and Chromium for example), which I do myself from time to time. I just do not get the reason why one would do that with a web browser, for other applications I do see a logic behind it, but not for a browser.

      Pascal
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 31 7:02 AM
        Good afternoon.
        Mi Jul 31 15:34:43 2013
        Thank You for Email and help.

        > > 2 Terminal 2 Tasks
        > >
        > > I start terminal one Midori
        > > I start terminal 2 Midori.
        > > I kill terminal 1 and both Midoris are destroyed.
        > >

        > > is it possible to use
        > > a programm like ff oder midori
        > > independent from the other software?
        >
        > Hi Sophie,
        >
        > it's not entirely clear to me what you are actually trying to achieve.
        *
        Thank You.
        What is the problem.

        I start Midori or FF
        and then there is a bad homepage.

        Example: Forum PR asks do You want to download mp3.

        So the browser is blocked.
        My idea is
        to start a second ff
        where I can open another url
        and this is independent to the first url.

        Second problem is:
        All browsers fill themself with dirt.

        Example: Every 3 hours I kill FF
        and fresh startened
        now FF is more fast.

        These are the problems.

        > mean, why would you want start a certain program like a web browser
        > twice?
        *
        Because of trouble during surfing.

        That might make sense for a file converter say, like
        > Soundconverter, but for Midori and the like? Or are you rather after
        > what different ways are there to kill a process?

        I know
        how to kill a browser.
        Sometimes kill does not work
        then

        killall -9 firefox

        Regards
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 31 7:05 AM
          Good afternoon.
          Mi Jul 31 15:34:43 2013
          Thank You for Email and help.

          > > > 2 Terminal 2 Tasks
          > > >
          > > > I start terminal one Midori
          > > > I start terminal 2 Midori.
          > > > I kill terminal 1 and both Midoris are destroyed.
          > > >

          > > > is it possible to use
          > > > a programm like ff oder midori
          > > > independent from the other software?
          > >

          > > Hi Sophie,
          > >
          > > it's not entirely clear to me what you are actually trying to
          > achieve. I mean, why would you want start a certain program like a web
          > browser twice? That might make sense for a file converter say, like
          > Soundconverter, but for Midori and the like? Or are you rather after
          > what different ways are there to kill a process?
          > >
          > > Pascal
          > >
          > I have used two different browsers open at the same time, plus some are
          > file browsers as well as web browsers, based on KDE, I think. It may
          > depend on how much RAM you have.
          >
          > If you want to see a Distro that takes advantage of this is PcLinuxOS:
          > http://www.pclinuxos.com/?page_id=1413
          *
          I ll check this.
          I ll study this.

          Thank You.
          This is another GUI, isnt it?

          Regards
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 31 7:09 AM
            Good afternoon.
            Mi Jul 31 15:34:43 2013
            Thank You for Email and help.

            > > > Hi Sophie,
            > > >
            > > > it's not entirely clear to me what you are actually trying to
            > achieve. I mean, why would you want start a certain program like a web
            > browser twice? That might make sense for a file converter say, like
            > Soundconverter, but for Midori and the like? Or are you rather after
            > what different ways are there to kill a process?
            > > >
            > > > Pascal
            > > >
            > > I have used two different browsers open at the same time, plus some
            > are file browsers as well as web browsers, based on KDE, I think. It may
            > depend on how much RAM you have.
            >
            > Hi Joan,
            >
            > I understood Sophie thus that she wanted to run the same program twice
            > as two instances at the same time,

            *
            YES

            not two different browsers (FF and
            > Chromium for example),
            *
            Yes.

            Instances is the right word.

            which I do myself from time to time. I just do
            > not get the reason why one would do that with a web browser, for other
            > applications I do see a logic behind it, but not for a browser.
            Example:
            Browser A is busy
            and I want to open another chat.

            Regards
            Sophie
          • Pascal Bernhard
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 18, 2013
              Hi Sophie,

              Am 31-07-2013 16:02, schrieb highskywhy@...:
              > Good afternoon.
              > Mi Jul 31 15:34:43 2013
              > Thank You for Email and help.
              >

              >> > 2 Terminal 2 Tasks
              >> >
              >> > I start terminal one Midori
              >> > I start terminal 2 Midori.
              >> > I kill terminal 1 and both Midoris are destroyed.
              >> >

              >> > is it possible to use
              >> > a programm like ff oder midori
              >> > independent from the other software?
              >>
              >> Hi Sophie,
              >>
              >> it's not entirely clear to me what you are actually trying to
              >> achieve.
              > *
              > Thank You.
              > What is the problem.
              >
              > I start Midori or FF
              > and then there is a bad homepage.
              >
              > Example: Forum PR asks do You want to download mp3.
              >
              > So the browser is blocked.
              > My idea is
              > to start a second ff
              > where I can open another url
              > and this is independent to the first url.
              >
              > Second problem is:
              > All browsers fill themself with dirt.
              >
              > Example: Every 3 hours I kill FF
              > and fresh startened
              > now FF is more fast.
              >
              > These are the problems.

              This is an issue common to all browsers, even after they stopped
              running, they do no return all the physical memory allocated to them.
              There was an interesting article in c't magazin last year, can't find it
              anymore about that topic. Firefox does worst and sadly it is becoming
              ever more bloated, even though the guys at the Mozilla foundation
              pledged to remedy that when they issued version 4.0. Back then there
              really was a noticeable improvement, but by now all that has completely
              vanished and in fact worsened.

              >> mean, why would you want start a certain program like a web browser
              >> twice?
              > *
              > Because of trouble during surfing.

              You state that you sometimes have serious issues with certain websites?
              From what you say, I deduce that this happens nearly every time you hit
              these sites. In case this happens also when using a different browser,
              this appears to be rather scary and is less of an issue of FF than these
              crappy (or even malevolent) webpages.

              I would guess starting a different browser to continue surfing the net,
              when the first one freezed up should the better, since faster option in
              your case.

              > That might make sense for a file converter say, like
              >> Soundconverter, but for Midori and the like? Or are you rather after
              >> what different ways are there to kill a process?
              >>
              > I know
              > how to kill a browser.
              > Sometimes kill does not work
              > then
              >
              > killall -9 firefox
              >
              > Regards
              > Sophie

              Pascal
              --
            • G.LinuxDucks
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 18, 2013
                Hi Sophie,
                You asked before and I don't think U got an answer, and may help clear some things up.

                If familiar with Windows and cleaning internet tracks as safe to delete temporary internet files with like CCleaner or manual settings in browser to delete each time browser is closed - the equivalent in Linux is a really fast simple safe clean up software of these temporary internet files .... it is called Sweeper.

                You can download that from the built in Software Repository or like called Ubuntu Software Center in Ubuntu now etc. Simply click Choose All and when you close the browser - open Sweeper and run it. Takes less than a second unless a bit gunked up from a longer browsing session and like watching You Tubes etc. Then may take about up to five seconds.

                The other more thorough cleaner and widely used is BleachBits (not Root BleachBits - could be dangerous to use if not really experienced with Linux Files). This also should be available in the Software Repository for download and installation. There are more clean up options available for a more thorough clean up across the board.

                I am thinking two things may be a possible culprit. One, have you installed a browser Toolbar? May be a bad one that did resets of the browser like Homepage, default Search Engine, 404 error splash page, etc. The other may be a Java problem even infection? Try Clam Antivirus or Comodo or other.

                What happens if you try to change your Homepage back to your choice? Like open FF and go to the page you want for Homepage and click Edit>Preferences and click Current Homepage and close. Hit the Homepage button.

                gerald philly pa usa

                --
                SENDER: g.linuxducks / Creator:
                (ALL non-commercial, NO spam)
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
                  Good afternoon
                  Thank You for Email and Help.
                  Do Aug 29 18:36:00 2013

                  Am 18.08.2013 12:26, schrieb Pascal Bernhard:> Hi Sophie,

                  > Am 31-07-2013 16:02, schrieb highskywhy@...
                  > <mailto:highskywhy%40yahoo.de>:
                  > > Good afternoon.
                  > > Mi Jul 31 15:34:43 2013
                  > > Thank You for Email and help.

                  > >> Hi Sophie,
                  > >>
                  > >> it's not entirely clear to me what you are actually trying to
                  > >> achieve.
                  > > *
                  > > Thank You.
                  > > What is the problem.
                  > >
                  > > I start Midori or FF
                  > > and then there is a bad homepage.
                  > >
                  > > Example: Forum PR asks do You want to download mp3.
                  > >
                  > > So the browser is blocked.
                  > > My idea is
                  > > to start a second ff
                  > > where I can open another url
                  > > and this is independent to the first url.
                  > >
                  > > Second problem is:
                  > > All browsers fill themself with dirt.
                  > >
                  > > Example: Every 3 hours I kill FF
                  > > and fresh startened
                  > > now FF is more fast.
                  > >
                  > > These are the problems.
                  >
                  > This is an issue common to all browsers, even after they stopped
                  > running, they do no return all the physical memory allocated to them.
                  *
                  OK

                  > There was an interesting article in c't magazin last year, can't find it
                  > anymore about that topic. Firefox does worst and sadly it is becoming
                  > ever more bloated, even though the guys at the Mozilla foundation
                  > pledged to remedy that when they issued version 4.0. Back then there
                  > really was a noticeable improvement, but by now all that has completely
                  > vanished and in fact worsened.
                  +
                  OK

                  > >> mean, why would you want start a certain program like a web browser
                  > >> twice?
                  > > *
                  > > Because of trouble during surfing.
                  >
                  > You state that you sometimes have serious issues with certain websites?
                  *
                  Yes.
                  Example flash.

                  > From what you say, I deduce that this happens nearly every time you hit
                  > these sites.
                  *
                  The problem also is
                  most time
                  it was pr.

                  Example
                  I open Yahoo
                  a famous page
                  and there is a big big video as pr on the page.
                  Then the browser is very busy.

                  In case this happens also when using a different browser,
                  > this appears to be rather scary and is less of an issue of FF than these
                  > crappy (or even malevolent) webpages.
                  *
                  Ok

                  > I would guess starting a different browser to continue surfing the net,
                  > when the first one freezed up should the better, since faster option in
                  > your case.
                  *
                  I do this now.
                  So I am using
                  chrome
                  chromium
                  and so on
                  an open every page with another browser.

                  Regards
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
                    Good afternoon
                    Thank You for Email and Help.
                    Do Aug 29 18:36:00 2013

                    Am 18.08.2013 15:26, schrieb G.LinuxDucks:> Hi Sophie,
                    > You asked before and I don't think U got an answer, and may help clear
                    > some things up.
                    >
                    > If familiar with Windows and cleaning internet tracks as safe to delete
                    > temporary internet files with like CCleaner or manual settings in
                    > browser to delete each time browser is closed - the equivalent in Linux
                    > is a really fast simple safe clean up software of these temporary
                    > internet files .... it is called Sweeper.
                    *
                    Is this a software?
                    Where is this software to install?
                    For Linux
                    For FF?

                    How can I use a browser without saving pages.
                    Example:

                    Forum: www.forum.org.
                    And I am writing a post.
                    Then I go to the next thread.
                    FF is saving every click and page.
                    How can I avoid this.
                    Private browsing deletes the passwords.

                    > You can download that from the built in Software Repository or like
                    > called Ubuntu Software Center in Ubuntu now etc.
                    *
                    OK
                    Does this clean ff or all browsers?

                    Simply click Choose All
                    > and when you close the browser - open Sweeper and run it. Takes less
                    > than a second unless a bit gunked up from a longer browsing session and
                    > like watching You Tubes etc. Then may take about up to five seconds.
                    *
                    OK

                    > The other more thorough cleaner and widely used is BleachBits (not Root
                    > BleachBits - could be dangerous to use if not really experienced with
                    > Linux Files). This also should be available in the Software Repository
                    > for download and installation. There are more clean up options available
                    > for a more thorough clean up across the board.
                    *
                    Ok
                    What does BleachBits clean?

                    > I am thinking two things may be a possible culprit. One, have you
                    > installed a browser Toolbar?
                    *
                    I think NO.
                    I installes FF.
                    I installed plugin flash and plugin flashsleep. So only if I click
                    I can see flash most times they do not show flash.
                    Also I installed session manager.

                    Nothing more.

                    May be a bad one that did resets of the
                    > browser like Homepage, default Search Engine, 404 error splash page,
                    > etc. The other may be a Java problem even infection? Try Clam Antivirus
                    > or Comodo or other.
                    *
                    OK

                    > What happens if you try to change your Homepage back to your choice?
                    > Like open FF and go to the page you want for Homepage and click
                    > Edit>Preferences and click Current Homepage and close. Hit the Homepage
                    > button.
                    >*
                    Sorry
                    I do not understand.

                    90% surfing is happy.
                    Sometimes there is a bad page example big video in the pr.

                    Regards
                    Sophie
                  • linuxducks
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
                      Simple answer is yes both Sweeper and BleachBits are Linux software you can
                      download from the Software Repository. BleachBits and also BleachBits Root
                      may already be installed, depends on the distro (Mint,Debian, Ubunut etc).
                      You can choose what you want to clean. Each area item has a check box.

                      I am guessing you were not familiar with Windows security and utilities like
                      CCleaner. Security in general has changed to the extreme to not even
                      allowing cookies to remain on the system past the current session in
                      browser. With Windows malware these were even being broken into for
                      nefarious reasons by cyber crime. With more or less "hints" of very first
                      Linux malware and/or intrusions occurring only in very, very recent years -
                      this seems much less a concern but nevertheless should be.
                      Unbelievers HERE / take a look...
                      http://linuxducks.free-forums.org/viewforum.php?f=10

                      In security, what malware would seek especially leaning towards financial
                      information, in Windows is called temporary internet files. For Linux this
                      is cookies and browser history and other areas as recent files opened etc.
                      They sift data to attempt to profile a user as to whether they may be a
                      potential target which in worst cases ends a IDTheft and cards max-out etc.
                      Tracking cookies are more towards "legal" entities which lean towards
                      targetting users with sales according to browsing habits and even financial
                      visits etc.

                      This is why it is recommended to use a simple utility software as Sweeper
                      which safely deletes these in these areas where the information is stored.
                      Using Private Session blocks storing of most and I am sure does not block
                      signing into a place like you mentioned - a forum. Of course a cookie for
                      simple identification purposes that you are the user are necessary for these
                      type sign/log ins. I do not believe the Private session mode blocks these
                      cookies.

                      You mentioned FF (Firefox browser) is saving everything you are doing at
                      like a forum. I assume you mean when you look at History it is showing each
                      site you visit. Each Forum page at each new string has a new website address
                      (URL) which is why it is saving that in History. All browsers do that as
                      default. It is the convenience as you move along and forgot what website you
                      were at you can simply click History and click the link to go there again.
                      However, today that is completely undesirable and is worst than cave man
                      days in security and privacy. However, all browsers have Settings that allow
                      you to adjust or click what you do not want stored all the time.

                      In FF click Tools all the way up top on the Menu Bar. If that is not showing
                      then right click on the top bar and click Menu bar to make it show. Now
                      clkick Tools and Options. At Options you will see all the various tweaks to
                      have it perform the way you want to. Like Do Not Store Browsing History,
                      Change Current Homepage, Tell Websites Not to Track and etc. In Windows you
                      can simply do one click that deletes everything each time you close the
                      browser (but there are still a couple items that CCleaner is used for). I do
                      not believe browers for Linux have this option. It is a manual operation.
                      This is what Sweeper is used for.

                      BleachBits cleans even more than simple browsing histories and files opened
                      lists etc. It gets rid of orphaned junk left over files that may be present
                      perhaps from uninstalled softwares etc. ALWAYS make sure you are NOT using
                      BleachBits Root - as this may perform irreversible deletions, corrupting the
                      system and rendering it inoperable to where you would have to reinstall
                      Linux from scratch. Regular BleachBits does very, very well for safe clean
                      up of the system time to time. It is a full list of items to check you can
                      browse down to choose.

                      I hope this helped!

                      gerald philly pa usa.
                      http://bluecollarpc.us/
                      http://linuxducks.webs.com/

                      Am 18.08.2013 15:26, schrieb G.LinuxDucks:> Hi Sophie,
                      > You asked before and I don't think U got an answer, and may help clear
                      > some things up.
                      >
                      > If familiar with Windows and cleaning internet tracks as safe to delete
                      > temporary internet files with like CCleaner or manual settings in
                      > browser to delete each time browser is closed - the equivalent in Linux
                      > is a really fast simple safe clean up software of these temporary
                      > internet files .... it is called Sweeper.
                      *
                      Is this a software?
                      Where is this software to install?
                      For Linux
                      For FF?

                      How can I use a browser without saving pages.
                      Example:

                      Forum: www.forum.org.
                      And I am writing a post.
                      Then I go to the next thread.
                      FF is saving every click and page.
                      How can I avoid this.
                      Private browsing deletes the passwords.

                      > You can download that from the built in Software Repository or like
                      > called Ubuntu Software Center in Ubuntu now etc.
                      *
                      OK
                      Does this clean ff or all browsers?

                      Simply click Choose All
                      > and when you close the browser - open Sweeper and run it. Takes less
                      > than a second unless a bit gunked up from a longer browsing session and
                      > like watching You Tubes etc. Then may take about up to five seconds.
                      *
                      OK

                      > The other more thorough cleaner and widely used is BleachBits (not Root
                      > BleachBits - could be dangerous to use if not really experienced with
                      > Linux Files). This also should be available in the Software Repository
                      > for download and installation. There are more clean up options available
                      > for a more thorough clean up across the board.
                      *
                      Ok
                      What does BleachBits clean?

                      > I am thinking two things may be a possible culprit. One, have you
                      > installed a browser Toolbar?
                      *
                      I think NO.
                      I installes FF.
                      I installed plugin flash and plugin flashsleep. So only if I click
                      I can see flash most times they do not show flash.
                      Also I installed session manager.

                      Nothing more.

                      May be a bad one that did resets of the
                      > browser like Homepage, default Search Engine, 404 error splash page,
                      > etc. The other may be a Java problem even infection? Try Clam Antivirus
                      > or Comodo or other.
                      *
                      OK

                      > What happens if you try to change your Homepage back to your choice?
                      > Like open FF and go to the page you want for Homepage and click
                      > Edit>Preferences and click Current Homepage and close. Hit the Homepage
                      > button.
                      >*
                      Sorry
                      I do not understand.

                      90% surfing is happy.
                      Sometimes there is a bad page example big video in the pr.

                      Regards
                      Sophie
                    • Justin Bell
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 29, 2013
                        Well said.  Good info for all of us.

                        Thanks

                        ________________________________

                        Am 18.08.2013 15:26, schrieb G.LinuxDucks:> Hi Sophie,
                        > You asked before and I don't think U got an answer, and may help clear
                        > some things up.
                        >
                        > If familiar with Windows and cleaning internet tracks as safe to delete
                        > temporary internet files with like CCleaner or manual settings in
                        > browser to delete each time browser is closed - the equivalent in Linux
                        > is a really fast simple safe clean up software of these temporary
                        > internet files .... it is called Sweeper.
                        *
                        Is this a software?
                        Where is this software to install?
                        For Linux
                        For FF?

                        How can I use a browser without saving pages.
                        Example:

                        Forum: www.forum.org.
                        And I am writing a post.
                        Then I go to the next thread.
                        FF is saving every click and page.
                        How can I avoid this.
                        Private browsing deletes the passwords.

                        > You can download that from the built in Software Repository or like
                        > called Ubuntu Software Center in Ubuntu now etc.
                        *
                        OK
                        Does this clean ff or all browsers?

                        Simply click Choose All
                        > and when you close the browser - open Sweeper and run it. Takes less
                        > than a second unless a bit gunked up from a longer browsing session and
                        > like watching You Tubes etc. Then may take about up to five seconds.
                        *
                        OK

                        > The other more thorough cleaner and widely used is BleachBits (not Root
                        > BleachBits - could be dangerous to use if not really experienced with
                        > Linux Files). This also should be available in the Software Repository
                        > for download and installation. There are more clean up options available
                        > for a more thorough clean up across the board.
                        *
                        Ok
                        What does BleachBits clean?

                        > I am thinking two things may be a possible culprit. One, have you
                        > installed a browser Toolbar?
                        *
                        I think NO.
                        I installes FF.
                        I installed plugin flash and plugin flashsleep. So only if I click
                        I can see flash most times they do not show flash.
                        Also I installed session manager.

                        Nothing more.

                        May be a bad one that did resets of the
                        > browser like Homepage, default Search Engine, 404 error splash page,
                        > etc. The other may be a Java problem even infection? Try Clam Antivirus
                        > or Comodo or other.
                        *
                        OK

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 12, 2013
                          Good afternoon
                          Do Sep 12 16:43:25 2013
                          Thank You for email and help.

                          Am 30.08.2013 00:41, schrieb g.linuxducks@...:> Simple answer is
                          yes both Sweeper and BleachBits are Linux software you
                          > can download from the Software Repository. BleachBits and also
                          > BleachBits Root may already be installed, depends on the distro
                          > (Mint,Debian, Ubunut etc). You can choose what you want to clean. Each
                          > area item has a check box.

                          I could find both in the software center of xubuntu.

                          > I am guessing you were not familiar with Windows security and utilities
                          > like CCleaner.

                          *
                          I used before ccleaner with win.
                          There was no problem.

                          Security in general has changed to the extreme to not
                          > even allowing cookies to remain on the system past the current session
                          > in browser. With Windows malware these were even being broken into for
                          > nefarious reasons by cyber crime. With more or less "hints" of very
                          > first Linux malware and/or intrusions occurring only in very, very
                          > recent years - this seems much less a concern but nevertheless should be.
                          > Unbelievers HERE / take a look...
                          > http://linuxducks.free-forums.org/viewforum.php?f=10
                          *
                          Sorry
                          I donot understand.

                          > In security, what malware would seek especially leaning towards
                          > financial information, in Windows is called temporary internet files.
                          > For Linux this is cookies and browser history and other areas as recent
                          > files opened etc. They sift data to attempt to profile a user as to
                          > whether they may be a potential target which in worst cases ends a
                          > IDTheft and cards max-out etc. Tracking cookies are more towards "legal"
                          > entities which lean towards targetting users with sales according to
                          > browsing habits and even financial visits etc.
                          *
                          I only use win offline.

                          > This is why it is recommended to use a simple utility software as
                          > Sweeper which safely deletes these in these areas where the information
                          > is stored. Using Private Session blocks storing of most and I am sure
                          > does not block signing into a place like you mentioned - a forum. Of
                          > course a cookie for simple identification purposes that you are the user
                          > are necessary for these type sign/log ins. I do not believe the Private
                          > session mode blocks these cookies.
                          *
                          OK

                          > You mentioned FF (Firefox browser) is saving everything you are doing at
                          > like a forum.
                          *
                          Yes.

                          I assume you mean when you look at History it is showing
                          > each site you visit.
                          *
                          Yes.

                          Each Forum page at each new string has a new
                          > website address (URL) which is why it is saving that in History. All
                          > browsers do that as default.
                          *
                          Yes.

                          It is the convenience as you move along and
                          > forgot what website you were at you can simply click History and click
                          > the link to go there again. However, today that is completely
                          > undesirable and is worst than cave man days in security and privacy.
                          > However, all browsers have Settings that allow you to adjust or click
                          > what you do not want stored all the time.
                          *
                          How can I do it.
                          There is private browsing
                          but then You cannot save passwords.

                          > In FF click Tools all the way up top on the Menu Bar. If that is not
                          > showing then right click on the top bar and click Menu bar to make it
                          > show. Now clkick Tools and Options. At Options you will see all the
                          > various tweaks to have it perform the way you want to. Like Do Not Store
                          > Browsing History, Change Current Homepage, Tell Websites Not to Track
                          > and etc.
                          *
                          OK
                          In Windows you can simply do one click that deletes everything
                          > each time you close the browser (but there are still a couple items that
                          > CCleaner is used for). I do not believe browers for Linux have this
                          > option. It is a manual operation. This is what Sweeper is used for.
                          *
                          OK

                          > BleachBits cleans even more than simple browsing histories and files
                          > opened lists etc. It gets rid of orphaned junk left over files that may
                          > be present perhaps from uninstalled softwares etc. ALWAYS make sure you
                          > are NOT using BleachBits Root - as this may perform irreversible
                          > deletions, corrupting the system and rendering it inoperable to where
                          > you would have to reinstall Linux from scratch.
                          *
                          Can You explain this to me?

                          How can I use the software
                          without root?

                          Regular BleachBits does
                          > very, very well for safe clean up of the system time to time. It is a
                          > full list of items to check you can browse down to choose.
                          >
                          > I hope this helped!

                          Should I clean once an hour
                          or
                          every morning?