RE: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Mounting the floppy drive

  • din_jadhav2003
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 8, 2013
      Sent from Samsung MobilePaul <pfrederick1@...> wrote:

      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "chi_joan_pc" <jleach728@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Would it matter how Linux sees the floppy if it was in an external USB kind of drive? Also how does Linux handle USB ZIP or LS-120 floppies? Maybe others would like to know?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Joan in Reno

      It beats me as I've never used any of those devices personally. But if I was really interested in knowing I'd look in dmesg. or a system log to try and see where Linux is linking the device.

    • James Jolin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 8, 2013
        Loyal,
        Haven't had much time to experiment....sick spouse. There are things in
        the dev directory. I got mixed up when composing my email. Someone gave
        me the exact command line syntax for the mount command.....I had completely
        forgotten that. The floppy is on my laptop. I am getting a usb floppy
        for just this sort of thing. Thanks for all the help. Will find out how
        linux treats usb floppies.
        Jim