Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Dumb Question

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2013
      I'm near Parker Rd & Arapahoe Rd (Centennial)

      There might be use for a Linux / UNIX Users Group, for those who want to
      learn & those who already know it, (The experienced can share what they
      know, or teach the others.)

      This benefits all because teaching helps the one teaching, to learn or
      solidify thier knowledge.

      The person with no experience at all can learn command line Linux & some
      shell scripting.
      On Jun 12, 2013 10:21 PM, "Justin Bell" <justin_e_bell2000@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > What city and state do you live in. Perhaps one of us lives nearby.
      >
      > Justin
      >
      > --- On Wed, 6/12/13, desertbloom1970@... <desertbloom1970@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > From: desertbloom1970@... <desertbloom1970@...>
      > Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Dumb Question
      > To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 1:32 PM
      >

      > I have tried to find a LUG in my area. One existed at one time but now the
      > links lead to nowhere. All my LUG friends are two counties away where I
      > used to live. I was used to Ubuntu. I sort of knew how to use it. My
      > current and only machine is Fedora and I do not even know how to phase my
      > questions. How do I hunt down the closest LUG??

    • Joan Leach
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
        Search for "colorado linux user group" as an example.
        Joan in Reno
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
          Pat:

          > I'm near Parker Rd & Arapahoe Rd (Centennial)
          >
          > There might be use for a Linux / UNIX Users Group, for those who want to
          >
          > learn & those who already know it, (The experienced can share what they
          >
          > know, or teach the others.)

          Joan:
          Search for "colorado linux user group" as an example.

          Bart:
          Or, you can look at meetup.com:
          http://www.meetup.com/The-Denver-Boulder-Linux-Meetup-Group/

          Bart

        • Pat
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
            There is none.
            The meetup group is more of a Ruby on Rails group

          • Bart Lidofsky
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
              On 6/14/2013 10:34 AM, Pat wrote:
              > There is none.
              > The meetup group is more of a Ruby on Rails group

              I looked at the description of the Meetup group that I pointed to,
              and descriptions of past and future Meetups, and I didn't even see Ruby
              on Rails mentioned, much less emphasized.

              Bart