Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Dumb Question

  • desertbloom1970
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 12, 2013
      I am in Antelope Valley California in the city of Palmdale. ; )

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 12, 2013
        What city and state do  you live in.  Perhaps one of us lives nearby.

        Justin

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 12, 2013
          where do you live? maybe we can help

          I have tried to find a LUG in my area. One existed at one time but now the links lead to nowhere. All my LUG friends are two counties away where I used to live. I was used to Ubuntu. I sort of knew how to use it. My current and only machine is Fedora and I do not even know how to phase my questions. How do I hunt down the closest LUG??

        • Pat
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 12, 2013
            What part of the Denver Metro area are you in?

            I haven't found any either, but I wonder how much interest would there be
            in a LUG near Parker Rd & Arapahoe Rd

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 13, 2013
              I'm near Parker Rd & Arapahoe Rd (Centennial)

              There might be use for a Linux / UNIX Users Group, for those who want to
              learn & those who already know it, (The experienced can share what they
              know, or teach the others.)

              This benefits all because teaching helps the one teaching, to learn or
              solidify thier knowledge.

              The person with no experience at all can learn command line Linux & some
              shell scripting.
              On Jun 12, 2013 10:21 PM, "Justin Bell" <justin_e_bell2000@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > What city and state do you live in. Perhaps one of us lives nearby.
              >
              > Justin
              >
              > --- On Wed, 6/12/13, desertbloom1970@... <desertbloom1970@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: desertbloom1970@... <desertbloom1970@...>
              > Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Dumb Question
              > To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 1:32 PM
              >

              > I have tried to find a LUG in my area. One existed at one time but now the
              > links lead to nowhere. All my LUG friends are two counties away where I
              > used to live. I was used to Ubuntu. I sort of knew how to use it. My
              > current and only machine is Fedora and I do not even know how to phase my
              > questions. How do I hunt down the closest LUG??

            • Joan Leach
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
                Search for "colorado linux user group" as an example.
                Joan in Reno
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
                  Pat:

                  > I'm near Parker Rd & Arapahoe Rd (Centennial)
                  >
                  > There might be use for a Linux / UNIX Users Group, for those who want to
                  >
                  > learn & those who already know it, (The experienced can share what they
                  >
                  > know, or teach the others.)

                  Joan:
                  Search for "colorado linux user group" as an example.

                  Bart:
                  Or, you can look at meetup.com:
                  http://www.meetup.com/The-Denver-Boulder-Linux-Meetup-Group/

                  Bart

                • Pat
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
                    There is none.
                    The meetup group is more of a Ruby on Rails group

                  • Bart Lidofsky
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 14, 2013
                      On 6/14/2013 10:34 AM, Pat wrote:
                      > There is none.
                      > The meetup group is more of a Ruby on Rails group

                      I looked at the description of the Meetup group that I pointed to,
                      and descriptions of past and future Meetups, and I didn't even see Ruby
                      on Rails mentioned, much less emphasized.

                      Bart