Delete one Linux

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 11, 2013
      Mi Jun 12 07:45:10 2013

      Delete one Linux
      Good morning
      Mi Jun 12 08:05:43 2013
      Can somebody please give me a little introduction
      not the whole way
      I think it is to dangerous
      and difficult for me
      may 6 months later I can try it:

      Problem:
      Computer
      80 gb HD
      Install Ubuntu for 80 gb
      Second
      Install Xubuntu
      during install Xubuntu
      install programm was asking:
      How do You want to manage hd?
      I answered: 40 gb Ubuntu 40 gb Xubuntu.
      Now all is fine.
      But
      I want to delete Ubuntu because during the last 3 months
      I only used Xubuntu.

      a How can I delete Ubuntu? So I can use 80 gb Xubuntu?
      b Is there a more easy way: Ubuntu 10 gb or 20 gb and Xubuntu can use 60 gb?

      Regards
      Sophie
    • Trevor Pearson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2013
        On 12/06/13 07:10, highskywhy@... wrote:
        > Mi Jun 12 07:45:10 2013
        >

        > Delete one Linux
        > Good morning
        > Mi Jun 12 08:05:43 2013
        > Can somebody please give me a little introduction
        > not the whole way
        > I think it is to dangerous
        > and difficult for me
        > may 6 months later I can try it:
        >
        > Problem:
        > Computer
        > 80 gb HD
        > Install Ubuntu for 80 gb
        > Second
        > Install Xubuntu
        > during install Xubuntu
        > install programm was asking:
        > How do You want to manage hd?
        > I answered: 40 gb Ubuntu 40 gb Xubuntu.
        > Now all is fine.
        > But
        > I want to delete Ubuntu because during the last 3 months
        > I only used Xubuntu.
        >
        > a How can I delete Ubuntu? So I can use 80 gb Xubuntu?
        > b Is there a more easy way: Ubuntu 10 gb or 20 gb and Xubuntu can use 60 gb?
        >
        > Regards
        > Sophie

        There is a way, You will need to work out which partitions your installs
        use (this is easy)

        Boot from a live disk

        Delete / format the partion with ubuntu on

        now you add a line to 'fstab' in /etc to mount the spare partition
        somewhere useful (e.g. /home/sophie/40gb)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013
          Do Jun 20 14:23:47 2013
          Good afternoon
          Thank You for help.

          > Delete one Linux
          > Good morning
          > Mi Jun 12 08:05:43 2013
          > Can somebody please give me a little introduction
          > not the whole way
          > I think it is to dangerous
          > and difficult for me
          > may 6 months later I can try it:
          >
          > Problem:
          > Computer
          > 80 gb HD
          > Install Ubuntu for 80 gb
          > Second
          > Install Xubuntu
          > during install Xubuntu
          > install programm was asking:
          > How do You want to manage hd?
          > I answered: 40 gb Ubuntu 40 gb Xubuntu.
          > Now all is fine.
          > But
          > I want to delete Ubuntu because during the last 3 months
          > I only used Xubuntu.
          >
          > a How can I delete Ubuntu? So I can use 80 gb Xubuntu?
          > b Is there a more easy way: Ubuntu 10 gb or 20 gb and Xubuntu can use
          60 gb?

          > Regards
          > Sophie

          There is a way, You will need to work out which partitions your installs
          use (this is easy)

          Boot from a live disk

          Delete / format the partion with ubuntu on

          now you add a line to 'fstab' in /etc to mount the spare partition
          somewhere useful (e.g. /home/sophie/40gb)
          *
          Does this organize the boot system?
          Does thig belong to grub?

          Should I add the line