Re: [LINUX_Newbies] No sound

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2013
      Good afternoon
      Do Jun 06 16:02:32 2013
      Thank You for help.

      I was not familiar with alsamixer or Distrowatch. Thanks to both of you
      for filling me in. I must admit I had to use Google to even understand
      what these items are.

      II discovered that there are several troubleshooting videos on you tube
      that explain what the standard problems are with alsamixer.

      Here is 1 example.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWmXG-e6yzI
      *
      The problem is
      there is no sound in my machine.
      Can I watch the videos without sound?
      Is there also the problem shown:
      How to start to record with the microphone.

      Also I am confused, it is not possible to start audacity.

      Perhaps one of these videos will shed more light on the problem. When
      I get more time, i will study one of these videos to lean more about
      alsamixer.

      I often use newtvideohunter to download helpful video that explain Linux
      issues to me. It often works for me.

      Justin
      *
      Thank You for help with the URL