Re: [LINUX_Newbies] What is bat com exe in Linux?

  • Trevor Pearson
    Message 1 of 16 , May 16, 2013
      On 15/05/13 07:50, highskywhy@... wrote:

      > Mi Mai 15 08:48:39 2013
      > Good morning
      > Thank You for help.
      >

      > > Trev.
      > >
      > > Thank You for Your friendly help.
      > > It is sounding very complicate.
      > > Should the best way be
      > > to study Java and then upload applets?
      > >
      > > Can linux win mac android chrome and others understand applets?
      > >

      > Hi,
      >
      > I had presumed you were working in pascal, if you want an easy option
      > consider something like python, cross platform and architecture independent
      >
      > Yes all platforms can use Java appletts as far as I know, never tried on
      > android/ios .
      > *
      > I do not know python.
      > But can mac and Doswin users understand python?

      As far as I know there is no single language/enviroment that is
      understood and installed by default on all platforms. the closest is
      C#/Visual-basic on mono/.net. All compiled languages
      (Pascal,c,c++,fortran etc.) need to be compiled for each platform.
      This is easyish using make files, you develop on one platform and then
      release to many.

      Languages like python, java, C#, perl, basic, ruby etc need a program
      called an interpreter (Run time) in order to work. you also need to
      include any 'extras' that you use in your code (python modules, perl
      cpan) (.net/mono and java use a 'bytecode interpreter, python etc use a
      traditional style interpreter)

      Trevor.

      Message 2 of 16 , May 22, 2013
        Do Mai 23 07:53:33 2013
        Good morning.
        Thank You for help.

        > > Thank You for Your friendly help.
        > > It is sounding very complicate.
        > > Should the best way be
        > > to study Java and then upload applets?
        > >
        > > Can linux win mac android chrome and others understand applets?
        > >

        > Hi,
        >
        > I had presumed you were working in pascal,
        *
        This is right.
        Until 2011
        I was using win and dos
        and we only did write programs in Pascal,
        and we shared code in Exe files.
        Now I am using Linux and
        so we discuss
        a to continue using DOS BOX in Linux and Pascal
        b to change using language and use Javascript and Java.

        if you want an easy option
        > consider something like python, cross platform and architecture
        independent

        > Yes all platforms can use Java appletts as far as I know, never tried on
        > android/ios .
        > *
        > I do not know python.
        > But can mac and Doswin users understand python?

        As far as I know there is no single language/enviroment that is
        understood and installed by default on all platforms.
        *
        Only the applet?

        the closest is
        C#/Visual-basic on mono/.net. All compiled languages
        (Pascal,c,c++,fortran etc.) need to be compiled for each platform.
        This is easyish using make files, you develop on one platform and then
        release to many.
        *
        I understand.
        Thank You.

        The question is
        is it more easy to study Java?

        Languages like python, java, C#, perl, basic, ruby etc need a program
        called an interpreter (Run time) in order to work.
        *
        This is different from Delphi or Pascal or Assembler,isnt it.

        you also need to
        include any 'extras' that you use in your code (python modules, perl
        cpan) (.net/mono and java use a 'bytecode interpreter, python etc use a
        traditional style interpreter)
        *
        Second problem are the libraries, isnt it?

        Regards
        Sophie
      • dvdpst
        Message 3 of 16 , May 23, 2013
          If you have been using pascal, then have an look at Glade.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2013
            Sa Jun 01 15:25:18 2013
            Good afternoon
            Thank You for help.

            If you have been using pascal, then have an look at Glade.

            I opened wiki and Glade.

            Is Glade creating a kind of html code?
            It sounds interesting.
            I will read more about this.