Re: [LINUX_Newbies] FTP with GFTP and ZIP

    Message 1 of 5 , May 15, 2013
      Mi Mai 15 08:48:39 2013
      Good morning
      Thank You for help.

      On 08/05/13 07:27, highskywhy@... wrote:
      > Good morning
      > How can I upload
      > with gftp
      > my homepage
      > like this
      >
      > I have a zip fileo
      > and I want to upload it and then unpack it.

      Most on line web services do not allow you to do this.
      *
      Can I ask why?

      Example:
      I want to upload 50 small htm files and 60 pics in jpg
      do I have to upload one by one?

      mostly you will
      have to unzip it localy and then ftp the whole lot to your space.
      *
      But then it is a lot of work
      isnt it?
      Is there ftp in Linux using the terminal without gui?

      > And the other way:
      > How can I download my homepage and zip it in a zip file.

      FTP commands you could find useful
      ascii -- treat everything as ascii
      binary -- treat all fles as binaries
      auto -- detect and switch between ascii and binary on a file by file basis
      mget and mput to do all files at once

      then zip as usual

      *
      Thank You.

      > Can I also do this with Firefox?
      Sort of you need to install a ftp extension. I would try a good ftp
      client filezilla is about the best.

      You can replace the http:// bit with FTP:// as well, not a lot of people
      know that.
      *
      But Firefox using the extension cannot upload and unpack zip files, isn
      t it?

      Regards

      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2013