Re: [LINUX_Newbies] What is bat com exe in Linux?

    Message 1 of 16 , May 14, 2013
      Mi Mai 15 08:48:39 2013
      Good morning
      Thank You for help.

      > Trev.
      >
      > Thank You for Your friendly help.
      > It is sounding very complicate.
      > Should the best way be
      > to study Java and then upload applets?
      >
      > Can linux win mac android chrome and others understand applets?

      Hi,

      I had presumed you were working in pascal, if you want an easy option
      consider something like python, cross platform and architecture independent

      Yes all platforms can use Java appletts as far as I know, never tried on
      android/ios .
      *
      I do not know python.
      But can mac and Doswin users understand python?

      Regards
      Sophie
    • Trevor Pearson
      Message 2 of 16 , May 16, 2013
        On 15/05/13 07:50, highskywhy@... wrote:

        > Mi Mai 15 08:48:39 2013
        > Good morning
        > Thank You for help.
        >

        > > Trev.
        > >
        > > Thank You for Your friendly help.
        > > It is sounding very complicate.
        > > Should the best way be
        > > to study Java and then upload applets?
        > >
        > > Can linux win mac android chrome and others understand applets?
        > >

        > Hi,
        >
        > I had presumed you were working in pascal, if you want an easy option
        > consider something like python, cross platform and architecture independent
        >
        > Yes all platforms can use Java appletts as far as I know, never tried on
        > android/ios .
        > *
        > I do not know python.
        > But can mac and Doswin users understand python?

        As far as I know there is no single language/enviroment that is
        understood and installed by default on all platforms. the closest is
        C#/Visual-basic on mono/.net. All compiled languages
        (Pascal,c,c++,fortran etc.) need to be compiled for each platform.
        This is easyish using make files, you develop on one platform and then
        release to many.

        Languages like python, java, C#, perl, basic, ruby etc need a program
        called an interpreter (Run time) in order to work. you also need to
        include any 'extras' that you use in your code (python modules, perl
        cpan) (.net/mono and java use a 'bytecode interpreter, python etc use a
        traditional style interpreter)

        Trevor.

        Message 3 of 16 , May 22, 2013
          Do Mai 23 07:53:33 2013
          Good morning.
          Thank You for help.

          > > Thank You for Your friendly help.
          > > It is sounding very complicate.
          > > Should the best way be
          > > to study Java and then upload applets?
          > >
          > > Can linux win mac android chrome and others understand applets?
          > >

          > Hi,
          >
          > I had presumed you were working in pascal,
          *
          This is right.
          Until 2011
          I was using win and dos
          and we only did write programs in Pascal,
          and we shared code in Exe files.
          Now I am using Linux and
          so we discuss
          a to continue using DOS BOX in Linux and Pascal
          b to change using language and use Javascript and Java.

          if you want an easy option
          > consider something like python, cross platform and architecture
          independent

          > Yes all platforms can use Java appletts as far as I know, never tried on
          > android/ios .
          > *
          > I do not know python.
          > But can mac and Doswin users understand python?

          As far as I know there is no single language/enviroment that is
          understood and installed by default on all platforms.
          *
          Only the applet?

          the closest is
          C#/Visual-basic on mono/.net. All compiled languages
          (Pascal,c,c++,fortran etc.) need to be compiled for each platform.
          This is easyish using make files, you develop on one platform and then
          release to many.
          *
          I understand.
          Thank You.

          The question is
          is it more easy to study Java?

          Languages like python, java, C#, perl, basic, ruby etc need a program
          called an interpreter (Run time) in order to work.
          *
          This is different from Delphi or Pascal or Assembler,isnt it.

          you also need to
          include any 'extras' that you use in your code (python modules, perl
          cpan) (.net/mono and java use a 'bytecode interpreter, python etc use a
          traditional style interpreter)
          *
          Second problem are the libraries, isnt it?

          Regards
          Sophie
        • dvdpst
          Message 4 of 16 , May 23, 2013
            If you have been using pascal, then have an look at Glade.

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2013
              Sa Jun 01 15:25:18 2013
              Good afternoon
              Thank You for help.

              If you have been using pascal, then have an look at Glade.

              I opened wiki and Glade.

              Is Glade creating a kind of html code?
              It sounds interesting.
              I will read more about this.