Re: Duvidas Slackware 14.0 (doubts Slackware 14.0)

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14 9:36 AM
      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, DAVID William Bandeira <davidcmdsbandeira@...> wrote:

      > Boa noite Galera,
      >
      > Sou usuario iniciante de linux, Instalei a versão Slackware 14.0 hoje no
      > notebook, mais quando chegou na parte final escolhi a opção xinitrc.twm tab
      > windows Manager (very basic) , esta opção só tem linha de comando, estou
      > querendo aprender a fundo linux mais preciso também de uma interface
      > grafica, acredito que tinha que ter optado pela opção xinitrc.kde KDE: K
      > Desktop Environment, agora tem como habilitar a Interface grafica sem ter
      > que formatar novamente?
      > Good Night People,
      > I´M beginner linux, I installed Slackware version 14.0 today on the
      > notebook, but when we arrived at the end I chose the option xinitrc.twm
      > Manager tab windows (very basic), this option is command line, I'm trying to
      > learn more linux background also need a graphical interface, I had to
      > have opted
      > for option xinitrc.kde KDE: K Desktop Environment, is now enabling the
      > graphical interface without having to reformat?
      > --
      > Thank You very much,
      >

      > Atenciosamente
      >
      > David William Freitas Ferreira Bandeira

      You can switch window managers by editing a file in your home directory named .xinitrc X Window should read, and honor that file, if it exists. If .xinitrc does not exist, you may create it. To run KDE I believe the last line needs to be:

      exec startkde

      You can switch to any Window Manager you like running X Window on Linux without having to reformat your whole machine. You can have every Window Manager made installed at the same time too. If you are talented you can even run a number of them all at the same time.

      http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/multiple-x.html

      X Window is a server. So just like a website it can handle multiple clients at the same time. You can look at every X session like it is a browser connecting to the server too.

      There is a lot inside your computer. The trick is figuring how to get it to come out. The more you know about Linux the better it is. So keep on learning!
    • DAVID William Bandeira
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16 7:32 PM
        Hy,

        When i Start i need to enter startx to start in mode Kde, its necessary
        everthing i start the computer, i want its default without I have to enter
        everytime, its possible?

        Other problem I'm not getting activate Wireless in the notebook *Samsung
        NP300E4C, when i enter iwconfig show:*
        **
        *lo no wireless extensions*
        **
        *wlan0 IEE802.11 BGN ESSID:OFF/ANY
        Mode: Managed Access Point: Not-associated TXPOWER=0 dbm*
        *Retry Long Limit:7 RTS Thr:off Fragment thr:off*
        *Encryption Key:off*
        *Power Management: on*
        *eth:0 no wireless extensions.*
        **
        *what can i do to this work?*
        **
        *thank you people*

        When i start the computer i need to enter startx