Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Wireless Connection Gone

  • Chris Trask
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013

      > Well, I thought things were working well until this morning. I have zero wireless connectivity,
      >and oddly all form of help is only available online. Looking at some of the blogs by way of IE8 and
      >Win7 I see that many other have the same problem, and there is no viable solution for it.
      >
      > Can't set up a dialup connection as all of the help needed is only available online. If you go
      >to the LinuxMint home page you discover that there is no help available there either. Great.

      Seems that this is a fairly common problem, and what happens is that the NetworkManager is removed from the startup if you make any changes in connections. And of course, LinuxMint does not tell you how to restore it.

      I think I'll set this Linux project aside and return to installing WinXP on this laptop as it now appears to be a more stable platform.

      Chris