Re: [LINUX_Newbies] CLAWS

  • Joan Leach
    Message 1 of 53 , Dec 23, 2012
      http://www.claws-mail.org/
      Maybe their main page will help? I don't use a mail client, I prefer Web based email.
      Joan in Reno, sorry if this is a bottom post list, I forgot.
      From: highskywhy@... <highskywhy@...>

      Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] CLAWS

      To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Saturday, December 22, 2012, 1:07 AM

      good morning. There is a problem with claws. Example:

      decembre 3

      4

      5

      6

      In this order I can find the most emails.

      But

      maybe Jack is sending an email Decembre 3 and Decembre 20

      I can find both emails

      on

      Decembre 3.

      How can I organize

      the emails from Decembre 20 are between the other emails from Decembre 20?

      Claws bring emails from the same ad for example from Jack together.

      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 10, 2013
        Do Okt 10 14:18:36 2013
        Good afternoon!
        Thank You for email and help.

        Well if Xubuntu works anything like Debian you have to edit the file:

        /etc/apt/sources.list
        *
        Is this the most easy way?

        Find all of the instances of the old version you want to switch from and
        change them to the new version you want to switch to, and save that.
        Then do an aptitude update and after that aptitude full-upgrade

        I don't use apt-get myself as it is depreciated in favor of aptitude
        today in Debian. Apt-get still kind of works, but it is just old junk today.

        Although there sometimes are other steps you need to take first. It
        depends what you're upgrading from. Sometimes there are specific
        packages you have to upgrade first, before you upgrade the whole system.
        So you are best off following specific instructions that pertain to the
        distribution, and version you are currently running.

        Unfortunately with Xubuntu the upgrade page is a 404

        http://xubuntu.org/upgrading/

        http://i.imgur.com/YygQP3b.png

        So that is kind of junky.

        You are upgrading BTW, not updating. It is a bit different.
        *
        Thank You for help.