Re: [LINUX_Newbies] CLAWS

    Message 1 of 53 , Dec 23, 2012
      Good evening
      So Dez 23 16:39:16 2012

      http://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=sort
      Is the bug listed here already?
      Joan in Reno

      *
      thank You for help.
      I could not find my problem in this list.
      But is this a list of bugs or a list "How to improve Claws"?
      Regards

      This was the problem:

      Message 53 of 53 , Oct 10, 2013
        Do Okt 10 14:18:36 2013
        Good afternoon!
        Thank You for email and help.

        Well if Xubuntu works anything like Debian you have to edit the file:

        /etc/apt/sources.list
        *
        Is this the most easy way?

        Find all of the instances of the old version you want to switch from and
        change them to the new version you want to switch to, and save that.
        Then do an aptitude update and after that aptitude full-upgrade

        I don't use apt-get myself as it is depreciated in favor of aptitude
        today in Debian. Apt-get still kind of works, but it is just old junk today.

        Although there sometimes are other steps you need to take first. It
        depends what you're upgrading from. Sometimes there are specific
        packages you have to upgrade first, before you upgrade the whole system.
        So you are best off following specific instructions that pertain to the
        distribution, and version you are currently running.

        Unfortunately with Xubuntu the upgrade page is a 404

        http://xubuntu.org/upgrading/

        http://i.imgur.com/YygQP3b.png

        So that is kind of junky.

        You are upgrading BTW, not updating. It is a bit different.
        *
        Thank You for help.