KDE meets Android

  • Joan Leach
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2012
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/104354108367295104608/posts/NkxkHJPV5F9

      KDE Meets Android 4.x: Gets MTP Support

      "In order to have MTP support we needed a “kio-slave”, which has been
      developed by Philipp Schmidt, and then modify some parts of our
      workspaces (dolphin, kdelibs and notifier) to integrate the MTP devices
      as if they were just regular massive storage (pen drives)."

      "At the moment there is no one click solution so you will have to get
      your hands dirty. In order to install kio-mpt, follow the commands below
      as suggested by Alex."

      git clone http://anongit.kde.org/kio-mtp
      mkdir kio-mtp/build
      cd kio-mtp/build
      cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debugfull #(THIS MAY BE DIFFERENT)
      make install

      I hope some will find the above good news...

      Joan in Reno

    • Roy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2012
        I will try this. I now use Kies Air or another application to send files
        back and forth via wifi.

        Roy
        Using Kubuntu 12.10, 64-bit
        Location: Canada