Network Connections Atheros AR5B125

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      I want to reset the Ubuntu Network Connections so that I can connect to a Wi-Fi. So far, I have been unable to do that. I stumbled on how to connect using my old Toshiba laptop before it stopped working.

      Now that Windows 8 is on the way, I would rather use Ubuntu on my current laptop. I am using Windows 7. It's OK, and it handles some of my banking software.

      I used Linux on my old computer and I like it a lot better.

      Here are my current network specs:
      - I am using a Acer Aspire 5349-2899 laptop
      - Intel B815
      - Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/n
      - Ethernet controller AR5B125
      - Atheros driver v1.0.0.43
      - IPv4 Address 192.168.2.3
      - Default Gateway / DHCP server 192.168.2.1
      - IPv4 Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

      I have my additional information to connect to my router. There will be connection data for my wireless connections wherever I am at - coffee shop, mall, etc. But I did that before and i should be able to do it again.

      How can I urge this computer to connect using this hardware and a copy of Ubuntu 12.10 / 12.04? I am still not real good with the UNIX /Linux software. I hope someone can help. Thanks.