Re: [LINUX_Newbies] help in converting word to pdf

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012

      On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:
      > http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux

      > http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html
      I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
      Office suite, does that.

      yum -y install libreoffice-writer

      should pull in all necessary dependencies.

      Then, open the .doc file in Libreoffice, and from the file menu choose
      export as pdf.

      Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
      Giles: Astral body, and I don't know.
    • Ray Kornele
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012
        Same works in OpenOffice
        KrazyKyngeKorny (Krazy, not stupid)

        On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > > From: troy <m_egypt_troy@...>
        >
        > > i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and
        > this program built in fedora but i forget its name .
        >
        > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:<http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html>
        > I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
        > Office suite, does that.
        >
        > yum -y install libreoffice-writer
        >
        > should pull in all necessary dependencies.

      • Roy
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
          You can print any file as a pdf in Linux, including Fedora, using the print
          menu. Just choose: Print to file and tick PDF. Then give it a name.

          Roy

          Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
          Location: Canada

          On 18 September 2012 21:37, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > > From: troy <m_egypt_troy@...>
          >

          > > i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and
          > this program built in fedora but i forget its name .
          >
          > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:
          > >
          > http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux
          > >
          > > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=806530
          > >
          > > http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html
          > I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
          > Office suite, does that.
          >
          > yum -y install libreoffice-writer
          >
          > should pull in all necessary dependencies.
          >
          > Then, open the .doc file in Libreoffice, and from the file menu choose
          > export as pdf.
          >
          > --
          > Scott Robbins
          > PGP keyID EB3467D6
          >
          > Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
          > Giles: Astral body, and I don't know.

        • Ali Alushari
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
            Hi there

            you can either use the " export to " from the file menu or just print then
            select "print to file"

            --
            Sincerely,
            Ali Alushari