Re: [LINUX_Newbies] help in converting word to pdf

  • Joan Leach
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18 6:17 PM
      http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux

      http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html

      http://nixcraft.com/centos-rhel-fedora/13182-linux-convert-doc-pdf-file.html

      Hope these help,
      Joan in Reno

      --- On Tue, 9/18/12, troy <m_egypt_troy@...> wrote:

      From: troy <m_egypt_troy@...>
      Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] help in converting word to pdf
      To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 4:17 PM

      hi every one

      i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and this program built in fedora but i forget its name .

      can any one help me in that and tell me about the name of the program .

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18 6:37 PM

        On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:
        > http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux

        > http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html
        I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
        Office suite, does that.

        yum -y install libreoffice-writer

        should pull in all necessary dependencies.

        Then, open the .doc file in Libreoffice, and from the file menu choose
        export as pdf.

        Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
        Giles: Astral body, and I don't know.
      • Ray Kornele
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18 9:16 PM
          Same works in OpenOffice
          KrazyKyngeKorny (Krazy, not stupid)

          On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > > From: troy <m_egypt_troy@...>
          >
          > > i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and
          > this program built in fedora but i forget its name .
          >
          > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:<http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html>
          > I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
          > Office suite, does that.
          >
          > yum -y install libreoffice-writer
          >
          > should pull in all necessary dependencies.

        • Roy
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19 4:59 AM
            You can print any file as a pdf in Linux, including Fedora, using the print
            menu. Just choose: Print to file and tick PDF. Then give it a name.

            Roy

            Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
            Location: Canada

            On 18 September 2012 21:37, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > > From: troy <m_egypt_troy@...>
            >

            > > i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and
            > this program built in fedora but i forget its name .
            >
            > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:
            > >
            > http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux
            > >
            > > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=806530
            > >
            > > http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html
            > I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
            > Office suite, does that.
            >
            > yum -y install libreoffice-writer
            >
            > should pull in all necessary dependencies.
            >
            > Then, open the .doc file in Libreoffice, and from the file menu choose
            > export as pdf.
            >
            > --
            > Scott Robbins
            > PGP keyID EB3467D6
            >
            > Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
            > Giles: Astral body, and I don't know.

          • Ali Alushari
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19 11:31 AM
              Hi there

              you can either use the " export to " from the file menu or just print then
              select "print to file"

              --
              Sincerely,
              Ali Alushari