help in converting word to pdf

  • troy
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012
      hi every one
      i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and this program built in fedora but i forget its name .
      can any one help me in that and tell me about the name of the program .
    • Joan Leach
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012
        http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux

        http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html

        http://nixcraft.com/centos-rhel-fedora/13182-linux-convert-doc-pdf-file.html

        Hope these help,
        Joan in Reno

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012

          On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:
          > http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux

          > http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html
          I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
          Office suite, does that.

          yum -y install libreoffice-writer

          should pull in all necessary dependencies.

          Then, open the .doc file in Libreoffice, and from the file menu choose
          export as pdf.

          Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
          Giles: Astral body, and I don't know.
        • Ray Kornele
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2012
            Same works in OpenOffice
            KrazyKyngeKorny (Krazy, not stupid)

            On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > > From: troy <m_egypt_troy@...>
            >
            > > i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and
            > this program built in fedora but i forget its name .
            >
            > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:<http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html>
            > I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
            > Office suite, does that.
            >
            > yum -y install libreoffice-writer
            >
            > should pull in all necessary dependencies.

          • Roy
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
              You can print any file as a pdf in Linux, including Fedora, using the print
              menu. Just choose: Print to file and tick PDF. Then give it a name.

              Roy

              Using Kubuntu 12.04, 64-bit
              Location: Canada

              On 18 September 2012 21:37, Scott <scottro@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > > From: troy <m_egypt_troy@...>
              >

              > > i want help plz i was using prgram in fedora that convert doc to pdf and
              > this program built in fedora but i forget its name .
              >
              > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 06:17:14PM -0700, Joan Leach wrote:
              > >
              > http://superuser.com/questions/156189/how-to-convert-word-doc-to-pdf-in-linux
              > >
              > > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=806530
              > >
              > > http://www.tech-faq.com/convert-word-to-pdf.html
              > I didn't check all of Joan's links, but LibreOffice, the standard Fedora
              > Office suite, does that.
              >
              > yum -y install libreoffice-writer
              >
              > should pull in all necessary dependencies.
              >
              > Then, open the .doc file in Libreoffice, and from the file menu choose
              > export as pdf.
              >
              > --
              > Scott Robbins
              > PGP keyID EB3467D6
              >
              > Buffy: Could I be seeing Billy's asteroid body?
              > Giles: Astral body, and I don't know.

            • Ali Alushari
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
                Hi there

                you can either use the " export to " from the file menu or just print then
                select "print to file"

                --
                Sincerely,
                Ali Alushari