Re: [LINUX_Newbies] pppd

  • Godwin Stewart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2001
      Rosinaldo Lima wrote:

      > how can I change the maximum time of the pppd.
      > it waits maximum only 60 seconds trying to connect.

      Hi,

      You'll need root privileges for this, so log on as root or go into superuser
      mode.

      Edit your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 file and look for the
      line which starts with "RETRYTIMEOUT="

      Type in the number of seconds you want the service to wait before deciding
      the connection failed. Save and you're ready.

      You'll need to do this for however many pppx services you have.

      Cheers,

      G. Stewart -- godwin.stewart@...
      Port de Pontille, FR-37500 CHINON, FRANCE.