alix 3d3 thin client

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2012
      hi guys

      can anyone please help me.

      i have an astrix 3d3 thin client pc, its a small alix board.

      i have been trying to get a working copy of linux ubuntu or centos installed onto a flash card to run on this board, i have tried now for 4 weeks and ive got no where.

      i've gone into ubuntu on my laptop, downloaded various versions of linux, i have used the dd in terminal window but have not been successful in getting my alix board functional.

      i'm new to linux and don't have much hair left.

      can anyone help please, i need an idiots walk through guide on how to do it.

      thanks alan
    • catbit_1999
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2012
        --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alanm0aqc@...> wrote:

        > hi guys
        >
        > can anyone please help me.
        >
        > i have an astrix 3d3 thin client pc, its a small alix board.
        >
        > i have been trying to get a working copy of linux ubuntu or centos installed onto a flash card to run on this board, i have tried now for 4 weeks and ive got no where.

        I know nothing about Alix boards, but a friend who was browsing this group suggested I post this link for you.
        http://pcengines.ch/alix.htm

        It seems to have some preconfigured images as well as some install instructions.
      • Alan Matthews
        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2012
          Hi

          Thank you for this information, I have had some success, I have installed
          centos 5 onto A 2GB CF card, the problem is it does not have a GUI, so I'm
          now stuck with trying to find out how to install software, anyhow first
          problem now overcome.

          I used a bit of software called physdiskwrite to get the image onto the CF
          CARD.

          Alan