Re: Debian question

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2012
      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Yvette Davis <atlanteanproductions@...> wrote:

      > Thanks everyone. We reinstalled Debian and then followed a different set of
      > directions and it worked. It's working now, I think.
      > Yvette

      I must not have received the post here where someone advised you to reinstall Debian. I've managed to put systems into states where reinstalling them was the best option. Not for a long time, and whenever I did I really had to go out of my way in order to get there too.

      As a general rule if I am still getting a login prompt repair is the avenue I favor. I learn more about my computers fixing them than I do any other way. Knowledge that comes in handy using them daily too.

      "Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well." -- Theodore Roosevelt