Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Newbie seeking info

  • dvdpst
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 12, 2012
      Not all are live Distros. Most are but you do not understand what I said. I
      built the system
      for that company. It is very security demanding. The system count And times
      the run time
      of all drives. Not only the HD but the CD/DVD drives to. Among with any
      saves and to what
      drive. Only way I could bid on that contract. Government requirements. I
      needed some thing
      that would load to ram and run from ram.

      I am trying to convince management to switch to Linux as their OS. Will
      know tomorrow
      if I have clearance to bring my laptop to do an clean install of Linux. If
      you have any other
      suggestions, I am open to them.

      david

    • g.linuxducks
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 20, 2012
        "Get Linux" lets you find and download more than 100 distros
        BetaNews
        By Mike Williams
        If you want to download a particular Linux distribution you could go
        online, run a quick search or two, and you'll probably turn up the
        necessary links fairly quickly. But a portable Windows tool called Get
        Linux aims to offer an even ...
        http://betanews.com/2012/01/05/get-linux-lets-you-find-and-download-more-than-100-distros/