Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: W8 & Linux

  • dvdpst
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 25, 2011
      Too them. That's winning.

      On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Paul <pfrederick1@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, dvdpst <dvdposton@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > <This is sure shaping up to be an intentionally manufactured one targeted
      > > against Linux.>
      > >
      > > That is what it is all about. Look at what MS has been doing for the last
      > 4
      > > to 5
      > > years. MS was sue before for doing this, but won the
      > > court in the US but lost over seas. Only this time I think MS has
      > > gone to far and I think the courts will think so to.
      > >
      > > I hope this puts the brakes on MS power. I hope they
      > > get broken up or goes bankrupt. Now that would be funny.
      > > david
      >
      > Actually Microsoft lost their court case in the USA.
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft
      >
      > On appeal they had their punishment reduced to nothing.

    • dvdpst
      Message 31 of 31 , Sep 30, 2011
        MS isn't going to do too much of any thing with Win8. There is many
        companies out there just waiting for it to
        come out, so they can sue MS. To tell me that in order to sell software for
        Win8, I have to pay them(MS) 30%,
        I don't think so. Last year(2010) I sold over $100,000.00 of software,
        by twenty developers, for the Win OS. If I
        have to pay them(MS) 30%, I would louse money. With cost of copying,
        shipping and more I only make little
        over 15% for myself with, about 28%, going to the developers. My company is
        small but with that fee, it would put
        me out of business. I work with developers just starting out that does
        shareware and with some that does it for an hobby.

        david