LogicPro 802.11g High Speed Linux / Ubuntu Wireless Internet USB Adapter

  • david
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2011
      LogicPro 802.11g High Speed Linux / Ubuntu Wireless Internet USB Adapter Wifi Dongle

      I bought one of these from Amazon for £9.99 and it works fine with Ubuntu (and Windows) and does everything the reviews say.

      Amazon are now advertising it at £99.00.

      I'm waiting to hear back from the seller.
    • Robert C Wittig
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2011
        On 9/3/2011 10:19 PM, david wrote:
        > LogicPro 802.11g High Speed Linux / Ubuntu Wireless Internet USB
        > Adapter Wifi Dongle
        >
        > I bought one of these from Amazon for £9.99 and it works fine with
        > Ubuntu (and Windows) and does everything the reviews say.
        >
        > Amazon are now advertising it at £99.00.
        >
        > I'm waiting to hear back from the seller.

        I searched eBay for 'usb wireless adapter linux', and the price you paid
        appears to be in the correct range, around $10.00 USD.

        I purchased one a few months ago on eBay for around $10.00 USD, when I
        installed Linux on a netbook designed for Windows, because the internal
        wifi was not Linux-compatible.

        The Amazon price is probably a misprint. I doubt that they would be so
        greedy as to be stupid, by overcharging by a factor of 10.

        --
        http://www.robertwittig.com/
        http://robertwittig.net/
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2011
          --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Robert C Wittig <wittig.robert@...> wrote:

          > The Amazon price is probably a misprint. I doubt that they would be so
          > greedy as to be stupid, by overcharging by a factor of 10.

          Indeed never chalk up to malice what can be explained by simple incompetence.