Debian Lenny install monitor resolution glitch

  • Tony Mitchell
    Message 1 of 45 , Feb 1, 2011
      Hi Roy,
      firstly my apologies for not getting on with this. My life is a bit like
      this currently!

      I find two options, to open 'terminal' and 'terminal as root', but both
      give the same result (root password given automatically) with the response
      tony@debiantony:~$ lshw
      bash: lshw: command not found

      This is what stymied me when following the instructions found on this
      topic in various forums.
      Debian Lenny, just updated. Ram is 248.0Mb, Pentium III (Coppermine).
      Seems to run pretty fast.

      Tony
    • Zed
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 1 5:52 PM
        Roy <linuxcanuck@...> wrote:

        http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mint-11-Will-Be-Based-on-Ubuntu-11-04-185617.shtml

        > Clem's blog. Note comment 4 below from Clem:
        > http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1665
        [snip]

        Thank you, Roy.

        Zed

        --
        Zed
        Diplomacy: Saying 'nice doggy'... until you find a rock