Re: Linux is awesome

  • dbneeley
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 7, 2010
      Roy,

      I understand fully the allure of the command line. My first general purpose computer was a CP/M "luggable" called a Zorba. From there, it was various DOS machines that later moved into graphical environments such as GEM and Windows (starting with 1.0, by the way). I also spent some time with several UNIX flavors early on.

      That said, it is by no means necessary for the OP to leave Mint if he simply wants to polish his command line expertise.

      David

      Message 43 of 43 , Dec 19, 2010
        --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "dbneeley" <dbneeley@...> wrote:

        > There is also a wide variety of quality of motherboard components. I have found over many years now that ASUS is among the very best in that regard--too many times in trying to save a few bucks I have come

        Oh get out! I have an ASUS motherboard here with beat TEAPO capacitors all over it. All consumer electronics are trash. If you have something that holds up it is just dumb luck.

        Don't be stupid save the few bucks. Any magical mystical durability you think there is between brands is just an illusion. Most if not all of the junk is put together in manufacturing houses that don't care who they build for, they build for everyone!

        Thats right the same sweat shop that puts together your beloved ASUS boards puts together Foxconn the next day. And god knows what on the night shift!

        Most likely all ASUS is is an engineering department and a marketing department. With some more glue office staff to keep it going. I doubt they do their production in house, no one does. If they did they'd cost a lot more than a few bucks more than the next guy!

        Paul