nice

  • westmi
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2010
      I was wondering how to permanently change the "niceness" of a process,
      like, let say, firefox.
      Thanks,
    • Cameron Simpson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2010
        On 29Nov2010 04:16, westmi <west.mi420@...> wrote:
        | I was wondering how to permanently change the "niceness" of a process,
        | like, let say, firefox.

        If it is already running you want the "renice" command.

        Otherwise you need to arrange to start it with your desired niceness.
        And that depends on how you start firefox...
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

        The number of cylinders for this disk is set to 364737.
        There is nothing wrong with that, but this is larger than 1024, [...]
        - fdisk on our new RAID 07oct2007 :-)