Lucid Lynx

  • David Neeley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2010
      Yesterday, I upgraded my box to Kubuntu Lucid Lynx. I had run the
      second beta from live CD version a couple times, so I figured it would
      be a fairly smooth process...and it was.

      So far, I like it quite a bit.

      Of course, my home directory is in a separate partition, which greatly
      aids the upgrade process.

      Have any of y'all moved to any of the *buntu family Lucid Lynx (10.4)
      yet, and if so what do you think?

      David
    • Roy
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2010
        I've used it since the first alpha and found it stable enough to switch my
        two computers over after Beta 1. It is a good release and I enjoy the
        improvements.

        Do not refer to it as 10.4. Its number is 10.04. The ten is for 2010 and the
        04 is for April, the month of its release. If you skip the zeros then 10.10
        which comes out next October will have a lower number than your 10.4 which
        does not make sense. Canonical uses a logical numbering system and to have
        some users disregard it adds confusion where there is none.

        I am glad that your upgrade went off without a hitch. I like KDE 4.4 very
        much. It is stable and is as configurable as 3.5 was. You can now have a
        different desktop activity on every desktop with or without plasmas. It
        seems faster than 4.3 was, too. Kubuntu is Canonical's little secret. It is
        the poor sibling which gets little love or respect, but just keeps on
        getting better anyway.

        Roy

        On 2 May 2010 03:06, David Neeley <dbneeley@...> wrote:

        > Yesterday, I upgraded my box to Kubuntu Lucid Lynx. I had run the
        > second beta from live CD version a couple times, so I figured it would
        > be a fairly smooth process...and it was.
        >
        > So far, I like it quite a bit.
        >
        > Of course, my home directory is in a separate partition, which greatly
        > aids the upgrade process.
        >
        > Have any of y'all moved to any of the *buntu family Lucid Lynx (10.4)
        > yet, and if so what do you think?
        >
        > David

      • grantrocket2
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2010
          I downloaded it and looked at it the day it was relesed. It has a highly slick interface but i think ill wait for mint10 to come out only because i tend to like mint better. With compizfusion working perfectly and all. (Yes i'm a sucker for graphics and eyecandy)