Telnet & SSH on the same box...

  • David Neeley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2010
      The PuTTY application does both telnet and SSH in the same app, and
      should be pretty easy to install and configure.

      David
    • Cameron Simpson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2010
        On 27Apr2010 07:44, David Neeley <dbneeley@...> wrote:
        | The PuTTY application does both telnet and SSH in the same app, and
        | should be pretty easy to install and configure.

        I think the OP wanted to enable the server side of telnet and ssh on his
        server. Putty is client side.

        Cheers,
        --
        Cameron Simpson <cs@...> DoD#743
        http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

        [...] since digital bearer certificate technology, the most economical method
        for doing business on the net, is entirely based on digital signatures, which
        in turn are entirely based on very strong public key cryptography, all
        business on the internet will eventually require very strong cryptography. In
        other words, if you don't have unbreakable key sizes, you can't issue digital
        certificates to pay for things with. It would be like having paper money
        which is easy to forge. - Robert Hettinga <rah@...>