Re: Mint help needed (slight OT here)

  • Darksyde
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@...> wrote:

      > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "eric z" <mrsilverman_32@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you all for your help before with ny other problems but Mint will not laod for me i have burned a copy with Brazo cd burner.I also have the bios set up but it will not load it to install it does reconize my Ubuntu boot disk though.I am running a Compaq prisario with 1 gig ram a 120 hard disk an have a lightscribe burner.If that helps any im running Ubuntu 9.10 as well.
      > >

      > I would look at your boot disk for Mint. If the computer will run
      > Ubuntu, it will run Mint. The proper way to burn it is to find it in a
      > file manager. For instance start with the menu "Places" followed by
      > "home folder". Then navigate to the location of the ISO file. Right
      > click on the ISO file and select "Write to Disk." That will burn
      > it correctly. Also, did you check the MD5 checksum on the downloaded
      > file verses what it should be according to the MD5 number from the
      > download site? Also, you might burn with a lower speed.
      >
      > Loyal

      Doesn't Brasero automatically run a checksum?
      Mark
    • loyal_barber
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
        --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Darksyde" <m_alexander61@...> wrote:
        > <snip>
        > Doesn't Brasero automatically run a checksum?
        > Mark

        Yes, but only of the ISO versus the burned disk. This says nothing
        about the integrity of the ISO file.

        Loyal
      • Ray Drouillard
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
          I have found that Brasero routinely reports a bad burn, but a subsequent
          checksum test shows that the disk is OK.

          loyal_barber wrote:

          > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com>, "Darksyde"
          > <m_alexander61@...> wrote:
          > > <snip>
          > > Doesn't Brasero automatically run a checksum?
          > > Mark
          > >

          > Yes, but only of the ISO versus the burned disk. This says nothing
          > about the integrity of the ISO file.
          >
          > Loyal

        • Darksyde
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2010
            --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "loyal_barber" <loyal_barber@...> wrote:

            > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Darksyde" <m_alexander61@> wrote:
            > > <snip>
            > > Doesn't Brasero automatically run a checksum?
            > > Mark
            > >

            > Yes, but only of the ISO versus the burned disk. This says nothing
            > about the integrity of the ISO file.
            >
            > Loyal

            Ah, ok, thanks for the info.
            Mark