Linksys install disk

  • davyp
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
      Newbie here, so here goes

      I've been trying to install a Linksys wireless-g PCI Adapter Model
      wmp54g5.

      With no luck .

      Question

      1) Do I have to reinstall windows, so I can install using the install
      disk, or dose Linux have a similar type application

      2) The program I'm using is UBUNTU-9.10-d

    • loyal_barber
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
        --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "davyp" <davidp@...> wrote:

        > Newbie here, so here goes
        >

        > I've been trying to install a Linksys wireless-g PCI Adapter Model
        > wmp54g5.
        >
        > With no luck .
        >
        > Question
        >

        > 1) Do I have to reinstall windows, so I can install using the install
        > disk, or dose Linux have a similar type application
        >
        > 2) The program I'm using is UBUNTU-9.10-d

        Windoze won't help. Usually with Ubuntu, all you should have to do
        is go to the following menus: "System->Administration->Hardware
        Drivers." That application should recognize the device and
        automatically load the driver for you. You should just have to
        enable it.
      • Joan Leach
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
          Hello,

          --- On Wed, 2/10/10, davyp <davidp@...> wrote:

          I've been trying to install a Linksys wireless-g PCI Adapter Model

          wmp54g5.

          With no luck .

          Question

          1) Do I have to reinstall windows, so I can install using the install

          disk, or dose Linux have a similar type application

          2) The program I'm using is UBUNTU-9.10- d

          ====
          Hello,

          Sometimes wi-fi cards need the Windows drivers, but all I did with Mint
          was to add Wine, PlayOnLinux from the Ubuntu/Mint repository.  Then I
          downloaded the driver from the manufactuer's website.  Later when I
          clicked on it Ndiswrapper took care of it with the help of Wine.

          Of course, since it's a Linksis or Cisco wi-fi card there should be a
          Linux driver for it already to download if it can't see it, don't
          forget to add the Wep or other security key for your router.

          Good Luck,
          Joan in Reno

        • David Porter
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
            Sorry didn't work, thanks

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
              I'll give it a try,and see if I can get a download

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
                They said it only works with windows OS no Linux driver

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
                  Yes I was talking with one of the tech on there web page and he or she said
                  that

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 10, 2010
                    Hello Everyone,

                    My name : Rado Hutagalung, from Indonesia,

                    I new comer and new abt linux , if you have any experience abt linux please
                    share and sometime I will ask the idiot question abt linux,

                    Please share the answers. Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

                    BR, Rado

                  • Darksyde
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 11, 2010
                      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Rado Hutagalung" <radohutagalung@...> wrote:

                      > Hello Everyone,
                      >

                      > My name : Rado Hutagalung, from Indonesia,
                      >

                      > I new comer and new abt linux , if you have any experience abt linux please
                      > share and sometime I will ask the idiot question abt linux,
                      >

                      > Please share the answers. Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
                      >

                      > BR, Rado

                      Welcome, Rado! You have come to the right place. There are many knowledgeable people here, but I'm not one of them. Feel free to ask anything you like...probably someone will have an answer.
                      Mark
                      Reg. Linux User #494945
                    • Rado Hutagalung
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 11, 2010
                        Thank you Mark,

                        BR,Rado
                        Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

                        > My name : Rado Hutagalung, from Indonesia,
                        >

                        > I new comer and new abt linux , if you have any experience abt linux please
                        > share and sometime I will ask the idiot question abt linux,
                        >

                        > Please share the answers. Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
                        >

                        > BR, Rado

                        Welcome, Rado! You have come to the right place. There are many knowledgeable people here, but I'm not one of them. Feel free to ask anything you like...probably someone will have an answer.
                        Mark
                        Reg. Linux User #494945

                      • ironmantis7x
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 12, 2010
                          There are no dumb questions when it comes to Linux (at least that is my finding)!!

                          There are lots of people in the Linux community that are very eager to help answer questions. I am a newbie myself and I have had nothing but great experience when it comes to people helping with linux!!

                          Stephen

                          --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Rado Hutagalung" <radohutagalung@...> wrote:

                          > Thank you Mark,
                          >
                          > BR,Rado
                          > Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

                        • loyal_barber
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 12, 2010
                            --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "ironmantis7x" <ironmantis7x@...> wrote:

                            > There are no dumb questions when it comes to Linux (at least that is my finding)!!
                            >
                            > There are lots of people in the Linux community that are very eager to help answer questions. I am a newbie myself and I have had nothing but great experience when it comes to people helping with linux!!
                            >
                            > Stephen
                            >
                            > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Rado Hutagalung" <radohutagalung@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Thank you Mark,
                            > >
                            > > BR,Rado
                            > > Powered by Telkomsel BlackBerry®

                            You are correct. There are no stupid questions. Just stupid
                            people who ask questions. JK
                          • Rado Hutagalung
                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 12, 2010
                              Thank You Stephen and JK and All of Members.

                              Cheers, Rado.

                              Palangkaraya – Indonesia.

                              > There are no dumb questions when it comes to Linux (at least that is my
                              finding)!!

                              > There are lots of people in the Linux community that are very eager to
                              help answer questions. I am a newbie myself and I have had nothing but great
                              experience when it comes to people helping with linux!!

                              > Stephen
                              >
                              > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
                              <mailto:LINUX_Newbies%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rado Hutagalung"

                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 15, 2010
                                Hi Members.

                                Somebody can help me to give good link to configure fedora 11 or 12 include
                                squid and samba configuration

                                Thank you for advance.

                                Regards,Rado