Questions about Wine

  • Joan Leach
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2009
      I came across this story and was wondering how I could get the Windows' bugs off of others' computers that I thought I would be helping by installing Wine, but now I worry:

      http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/10/27/how-good-is-wine-at-running-windows-software-on-linux-good-enou/

      WINE. It's not an emulator, but it is a pretty decent way to run many Windows programs under Linux.

      What's that you say? Why yes, malware and scareware do count as programs. So, do they run under WINE, too?

      The answer is a resounding yes!

      Linux user Filip Sufitchi was killing time on Facebook when he stumbled across a malicious link...

      Thanks for your insight,
      Joan in Reno