Re: Network places in xubuntu 9.04

  • David Neeley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2009
      There are other distributions that would be faster...such as Puppy Linux, for example, that is made to run on minimal equipment.

      David

      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Kemp <wb7ooe@...> wrote:

      > Paul Wachira Kiranga wrote:
      > >
      > > Ubuntu 9.04 is OK but my machines compaqs 866 mhz 256 mb Ram will not run well on it.
      > >

      > Just to experiment, I installed Ubuntu 9.04 on an older computer that I
      > have. It has dual Pentium Pro 200 processors, 256MB ram and all drives
      > are SCSI. As expected, it is slower than you would like, but does run.
      > Bruce
      >
      > --
      > Registered Linux user number 482434.
      >
      > Nudists are people who wear one-button suits.

    • Bruce Kemp
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 7, 2009
        David Neeley wrote:
        > There are other distributions that would be faster...such as Puppy Linux, for example, that is made to run on minimal equipment.

        Like I said, this was an experiment, I have 2 other computers running
        Ubuntu 9.04 with a lot more memory and speed.
        Bruce

        --
        Registered Linux user number 482434.

        Nudists are people who wear one-button suits.
      • paul wachira kiranga
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 7, 2009
          I will give this puppy a try. How does is deal with LAN? cos that's
          where problem lies. Everything else is OK with Xubuntu but file
          sharing. I ran a cybercafe that has a timer. The timer software is to
          communicate with the server. (Cybercafe pro 3.7)