DVD program

  • Drmgiver
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
      Looking for a program that converts DVD's to any other computer readable
      format. Does anyone know of anything like this?

      Justin
    • Linux Canuck
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
        Justin: Looking for a program that converts DVD's to any other computer readable format. Does anyone know of anything like this?

        Reply:The repos have k9copy and dvd 95copy which rip to avi, divx or convert a double density disk to single density. Then there is Handbrake which is a ripper for DVDs. It is available from http://handbrake.fr/.

        I have not used Handbrake, but it gets good reviews. I have used the others and they work well, both for copying DVDs and for ripping. I am not sure what other format you had in mind.

        Roy

        Linux: Fast, friendly, flexible and .... free!
        Support Open source.
        <*,)}}+<
        Only dead fish go with the flow!

      • Drmgiver
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
          Thats awesome thanks!

          Justin

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
            Found k9copy in repos, didn't find 95copy. It might be a different repo
            then Ubuntu's. K9copy however works well thanks. :)

            Justin