certification course

  • guru montu
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 11, 2008
      I wish to enroll for a linux certification course.
      I don't have any idea ,for which certification i must go:
      1.RHCA
      2.RHCE
      3.RHCT
      note that i hav no background about linux

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 11, 2008
        On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 05:34:11PM +0530, guru montu wrote:
        > I wish to enroll for a linux certification course.
        > I don't have any idea ,for which certification i must go:
        > 1.RHCA
        > 2.RHCE
        > 3.RHCT
        > note that i hav no background about linux

        At least in the US, those are pretty difficult. There's no written,
        it's all done on the machines. It's the same test, at least for the
        RHCT and RHCE, just if you get a score of something you only get the CT
        and if you get a higher score, the CE.

        There's somewhere on their site where they offer evaluation tests. I'm
        not sure where, off the top of my head.

        Buffy: Vampires are creeps.
        Giles: Yes. That's why one slays them.
      • Maccy
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
          On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, guru montu wrote:
          > I wish to enroll for a linux certification course.
          > I don't have any idea ,for which certification i must go:
          > 1.RHCA
          > 2.RHCE
          > 3.RHCT

          I started with the RHCT, then moved onto the RHCE.

          Mark
        • Damasus Kumar
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
            HOW MUCH SALARY WILL I GET IF I DO THIS COURSE?

            Maccy <maccy@...> wrote:
            On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, guru montu wrote:
            > I wish to enroll for a linux certification course.
            > I don't have any idea ,for which certification i must go:
            > 1.RHCA
            > 2.RHCE
            > 3.RHCT

            I started with the RHCT, then moved onto the RHCE.

            Mark

          • postaditya
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 12, 2008
              > There's somewhere on their site where they offer evaluation tests. I'm
              > not sure where, off the top of my head.

              Evaluation tests can be accessed at the Red Hat site:

              https://www.redhat.com/apps/training/assess/

              It needs a free registration that takes less than 2 minutes.

              > --
              > Scott Robbins
              > PGP keyID EB3467D6
              >
              > Buffy: Vampires are creeps.
              > Giles: Yes. That's why one slays them.

              --
              Addy
              aditya.dhage@...
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                Damasus Kumar wrote:

                > HOW MUCH SALARY WILL I GET IF I DO THIS COURSE?

                -wittig http://www.robertwittig.com/
                http://robertwittig.net/
                http://robertwittig.org/
                .
              • dhiren_4ever
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 14, 2008
                  Whats the scope of doing linux certification in the present situation
                  of market?
                  Does it enhances the chances of selection 4 a fresher candidate

                  Also does large percentage of companies prefer linux over windows?
                  Plz reply

                  --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, guru montu <dhiren_4ever@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I wish to enroll for a linux certification course.
                  > I don't have any idea ,for which certification i must go:
                  > 1.RHCA
                  > 2.RHCE
                  > 3.RHCT
                  > note that i hav no background about linux
                  >

                  > Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://
                  messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

                • Prashanth
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 16, 2008
                    Hi,

                    On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:57 PM, dhiren_4ever <dhiren_4ever@...> wrote:
                    > Whats the scope of doing linux certification in the present situation
                    > of market?

                    As a newbie you have to understand what exactly is that certification,
                    mostly people take up RHCE if they want to get into system admin job.

                    > Does it enhances the chances of selection 4 a fresher candidate

                    It does to some extent but still it depends on the job you are applying for.

                    > Also does large percentage of companies prefer linux over windows?

                    It has increased to a considerable extent these days, there are quite
                    a lot of companies use Free/open source.

                    --
                    regards,

                    Prashanth
                    http://munichlinux.blogspot.com
                  • dhiren_4ever
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 17, 2008
                      How much it cost to go for RHCT certification as per indian currency?

                      And where can i get the dumps so as to hav a feel of examination?

                      wrote:

                      > I wish to enroll for a linux certification course.
                      > I don't have any idea ,for which certification i must go:
                      > 1.RHCA
                      > 2.RHCE
                      > 3.RHCT
                      > note that i hav no background about linux
                      >

                      > Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Go to http://
                      messenger.yahoo.com/invite/

                    • ajeet raina
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 21, 2008
                        Go for RHCE First as it would also help you to clear RHCT..

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 21, 2008
                          On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 01:54:42PM +0530, ajeet raina wrote:

                          > --- On Tue, 11/11/08, guru montu <dhiren_4ever@...> wrote:
                          >

                          >> I wish to enroll for a linux certification course.
                          >> I don't have any idea ,for which certification i must go:
                          >> 1.RHCA
                          >> 2.RHCE
                          >> 3.RHCT

                          > Go for RHCE First as it would also help you to clear RHCT..

                          In the US at least, the way the examination works is that if you get a
                          certain score, you receive the RHCT and if you get a higher score, you
                          get the RHCE.

                          Again, at least in the US, it's considered a relatively difficult (and
                          expensive) exam.

                          Cordelia: If the world doesn't end, I'm gonna need a note.