Re: i forget my fedora login cum root password

  • postaditya
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2008
      Solution in one line can be mentioned as boot your system into
      runlevel 1 or in single mode, set the password and reboot.

      Here is a bit of detailed explanation to that:

      Step I: Edit grub to enter single mode, also called as runlevel 1
      (google for this)
      Step II: you will get a shell prompt, use command 'passwd' to set the
      root password and it wont ask for your old password.
      Step III: Use command 'reboot' to restart your machine.

      I'm assuming here that either you haven't set the grub password or you
      still remember it.

      Addy
      aditya.dhage@...