Yahoo calendar spam

  • Harold Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
      I don't use the yahoo calender much but lately have be using it some.
      Today when I opened it there is a message in each day of October that
      says: "LINUX_Newbies: (just log on)Earn $20, $50, even $100 per hour
      working from their home computer"

      It is on every day from the 10th of October on over into March, 2009.
      I stopped looking at March, 2009.

      I couldn't find any way to delete the message. Has anyone else run
      into this? If so, what is the solution to clear it up?

      thanks,
      Harold
    • Butch - The Troll Below The Bridge
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
        You can't clear it but you can hide it. Upper right corner of calendar
        and click on hide. Only the list owner can clear that off and it is
        annoying.

        Butch in Northern Lower Michigan

        Harold Williams wrote:

        > I don't use the yahoo calender much but lately have be using it some.
        > Today when I opened it there is a message in each day of October that
        > says: "LINUX_Newbies: (just log on)Earn $20, $50, even $100 per hour
        > working from their home computer"
        >
        > It is on every day from the 10th of October on over into March, 2009.
        > I stopped looking at March, 2009.
        >
        > I couldn't find any way to delete the message. Has anyone else run
        > into this? If so, what is the solution to clear it up?
        >
        > thanks,
        > Harold

      • Chad Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2008
          Butch - The Troll Below The Bridge wrote:
          > You can't clear it but you can hide it. Upper right corner of calendar
          > and click on hide. Only the list owner can clear that off and it is
          > annoying.

          I've cleared that event. Please email the list owners if you notice
          this again. The Calendar is set to be edited by members only, so we
          will boot any members from the list that spam the calendar.

          Thanks,
          Chad Martin
        • Harold Williams
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
            --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Chad Martin <chad@...> wrote:

            > Butch - The Troll Below The Bridge wrote:
            > > You can't clear it but you can hide it. Upper right corner of
            calendar
            > > and click on hide. Only the list owner can clear that off and it is
            > > annoying.
            >
            > I've cleared that event. Please email the list owners if you notice
            > this again. The Calendar is set to be edited by members only, so we
            > will boot any members from the list that spam the calendar.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Chad Martin

            Thanks, Chad. You are the man!!

            Harold in lower Alabama