Re: [LINUX_Newbies] book

  • Dennis Mingear
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4 4:04 PM
      Thanks Roy, just what I've been looking for, something to get me started down the linux road.

      I used to spend a lot of time programming years ago and I've spent some time tweeking windows over the years. I have some programming background, but I'am very rusty and I need to get back up to speed in order to get deeper into ubuntu.

      I have 8.04 running on a computer with XP Pro but I would like to eliminate the partion and just run ubuntu. I'm using the older computer to gain confidence and learn enough about ubuntu to replace Vista on my new computer, I don't like Vista at all, so I'm looking forward to learning enough about linux in general and ubuntu specifically to become both a user and contributor to the open source community and move away from my dependence on windows.

      So any recommendations for books that you think would be useful in helping me learn more about linux and ubuntu would be appreciated.

      Denny ...