seek for good and welthy advice

  • Vishal Jaiswal
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
      HI friends i have only months exerience in IT field . Is it ok time to jump in to linx or i must waite for some time to take experience . I am from in delima what to do ....

      I am much more accited of Linux but my senior advice me to do SUN is there more difference between both of them .........................

      plz advice for my decison

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
        On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 04:11:42AM -0700, Vishal Jaiswal wrote:
        > HI friends i have only months exerience in IT field . Is it ok time to jump in to linx or i must waite for some time to take experience . I am from in delima what to do ....
        >

        > I am much more accited of Linux but my senior advice me to do SUN is there more difference between both of them .........................

        While it's impossible to advise for another country, I would say that in
        the US at least, you'd still be better off learning Sun for employment
        reasons. It seems there are more calls for Solaris admins than Linux
        ones. This may change, and indeed, already seems to be changing, but
        that is my general impression.

        Buffy: No, but, see, Mom, that doesn't really work for me. We're
        just going to the magic shop, no school supplies there.
        Dawn: Yeah, Mom. I'm not going to Hogwarts. (chuckles) Hog-
        (looks at Buffy, who's not amused) Jeez, crack a book sometime.
      • john morony
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2008
          Vishal,

          I think you will find that Solaris and Linux are more alike than they
          are different. If I were you, I would see what the job market was like
          in the area for Linux vs. Sun professionals. There is no reason you
          can't do both, but if your aim is to get a job that pays your bills, you
          might want to go in the direction where there is more demand.

          john