Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Viewing streams in KDE4's Konqueror

  • scott volkers
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
      Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with Linux instead of the usual windows?

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
        scott volkers wrote:
        > Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with Linux instead of the usual windows?

        Your best bet is to look at notebooks with no OS on Pricewatch, then
        install your own Linux.

        http://www.pricewatch.com/notebooks_no_os/

        Chad Martin
      • Gary-US
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
          Man.....way to highjack the thread! LOL

          Semper Fi,
          Gary

          * Sent via mobile *

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
            On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:45:52PM -0600, Chad Martin wrote:

            > scott volkers wrote:
            > > Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with Linux instead of the usual windows?
            >
            > Your best bet is to look at notebooks with no OS on Pricewatch, then
            > install your own Linux.
            >
            > http://www.pricewatch.com/notebooks_no_os/

            There are a few places that make laptops specifically with Linux in
            mind. The trouble is that I found them relatively expensive.

            I recently got the Acer Aspire 4720z, whic Staples usually has on sale
            for about $500. Sound and wireless don't work out of the box, but are
            fairly trivial to get working. I don't know about the webcam, haven't
            played with it yet.

            Faith: You can't trust guys.
            Buffy: You can trust some guys. Really, I've read about them.
          • HCL RocKing
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2008
              pls purchase the laptop from any company branded dont go for chinese
              laptops..

              On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 15:30 -0800, scott volkers wrote:

              > Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with
              > Linux instead of the usual windows?

              Thanks and regards