Viewing streams in KDE4's Konqueror

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
      The new KDE4 version of Kubuntu's browser,
      Konqueror doesn't seem able to view or
      record streaming video any more?

      Does anyone know if this *is* possible, and
      if so, how do you make a stream work?

      Michael,
      [using Kubuntu 7.10.]
    • scott volkers
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
        Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with Linux instead of the usual windows?

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
          scott volkers wrote:
          > Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with Linux instead of the usual windows?

          Your best bet is to look at notebooks with no OS on Pricewatch, then
          install your own Linux.

          http://www.pricewatch.com/notebooks_no_os/

          Chad Martin
        • Gary-US
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
            Man.....way to highjack the thread! LOL

            Semper Fi,
            Gary

            * Sent via mobile *

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
              On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:45:52PM -0600, Chad Martin wrote:

              > scott volkers wrote:
              > > Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with Linux instead of the usual windows?
              >
              > Your best bet is to look at notebooks with no OS on Pricewatch, then
              > install your own Linux.
              >
              > http://www.pricewatch.com/notebooks_no_os/

              There are a few places that make laptops specifically with Linux in
              mind. The trouble is that I found them relatively expensive.

              I recently got the Acer Aspire 4720z, whic Staples usually has on sale
              for about $500. Sound and wireless don't work out of the box, but are
              fairly trivial to get working. I don't know about the webcam, haven't
              played with it yet.

              Faith: You can't trust guys.
              Buffy: You can trust some guys. Really, I've read about them.
            • HCL RocKing
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 7, 2008
                pls purchase the laptop from any company branded dont go for chinese
                laptops..

                On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 15:30 -0800, scott volkers wrote:

                > Anyone with recommendation on where to get laptops that come with
                > Linux instead of the usual windows?

                Thanks and regards