Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Dial Up Internet

  • Rooster
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Drew,

      You don't say what modem your using, internal or external. First thing
      is if it's internal, make sure it's not a winmodem/softmodem. Have you
      configured which port the modem is using? To check, use:

      ls -la /dev/modem

      which should give you a single line that ends with something like this:

      /dev/modem -> /dev/ttySx

      where x represent's the port the modem uses (0=com1, 1=com2, 2=com3,
      3=com4). If it doesnt exist, create it with:

      ln -s /dev/ttySx /dev/modem

      & substitute the x with the appropriate number listed above.

      Rooster