Re: [LINUX_Newbies] emacs editor

  • Trevor Pearson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 14, 2007
      jennifer.jcarr wrote:

      > I am very new to linux. I was trying to write the little Hello World
      > script just to play with the script. I was unable to figure out how to
      > make this work. Can some one show my set by step how to save and run
      > this script?
      > Thanks
      > Jennifer

      Jennifer,
      I wonder if you are having trouble using emacs ?

      type emacs in a terminal window to open the program
      use Ctrl-C followed by Ctrl-f and type in the name of the
      file you want to edit, The file will open for editing
      Ctrl-X followed by Ctrl-S will save the file and Ctrl-X Ctrl-C will exit
      the editor

      Trevor