Dial Up Internet

  • Dreja Julag
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2000
      Hi Everyone,
      I am using Mandrake 7 and I can't seem to get a dial up conenction going.
      kppp says the modem doesn't respond and the system dialer can't connect.
      Can anyone run the procedure by me? The documentation in Mandrake wasn't
      helpful at all. Thanks

      Drew Jackman
      ajackman@...
    • William David Porter
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2000
        What kind of modem is it? Have you tried dialing out (anywhere) with minicom?

        At 05:05 PM 5/1/00 -0700, you wrote:
        >Hi Everyone,
        >I am using Mandrake 7 and I can't seem to get a dial up conenction going.
        >kppp says the modem doesn't respond and the system dialer can't connect.
        >Can anyone run the procedure by me? The documentation in Mandrake wasn't
        >helpful at all. Thanks
        >
        >Drew Jackman
        >ajackman@...

        >You have a voice mail message waiting for you at iHello.com:

        William David (Kuj0) Porter
        IBM
        AIX System Administrator
        ICQ # 42548045