Re: Application Goes hang..?

  • Loyal Barber
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2007
      --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, priya dickshit
      <priya_dickshit@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > My application goes hang when multiple users execute simultaneously.
      > Kindly advice me what should I do. My database is 9i and developer
      > 10g. Application is good and working fine with three users concurrently
      > but when more than three workstation access the same application it
      > goes hang from the all stations. Please keep in mind My database and
      > application are reside on a different computer with dual processor ,
      > 3GHZ , 1GB ram and Windows2003.
      >
      > Kindly help
      > Priya
      > <snip>
      First, this is likely a problem with Oracle having nothing to do with
      Linux. I have seen similar problems due to concurrent use of DB
      objects on HPUX, AIX etc.
      Second, look at your application. If you can, invite several friends
      to help you test. This may cost you food and drink but it will be
      worth it. Have one repeat the process that caused the lock. Then two,
      then three etc. In my experience these can be caused by multiple people
      accessing a table concurrently, but the default table parms not being
      set for true multi-user. I have seen where once one completed the task,
      others would suddenly "free up."

      Loyal