Re: [SPAM] Re: [LINUX_Newbies] ubuntu security heelpp

  • Brian E Boothe
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 7, 2007
      thanks alot Shaun thats exactly what i needed,, i do love ubuntu , it
      really rocks

      > <http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/>

      No virus found in this outgoing message
      Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (3.1.0.14 - 9.070.001).
      http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/
    • Billy R Baldwin
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 8, 2007
        --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, Brian E Boothe <subrian@...> wrote:

        > I've developed Websites and Scripts for 14 years I'm pretty Sure i
        > realize that, I,m very accustomed to working with red hat Linux
        >were i
        > just log in as root do what i gotta do and blink I'm done, the
        >delima
        > came when i was Writing PHP backend and it wouldn't copy over to my
        >www
        > apache directory whats soo ever except for my home directory it copies
        > too that works fine but i can't Copy or change a dang thing under
        > /var/www even as logged in as sudo su

        Brian,

        Your permissions for /var/www read how? Since you are accoustomed to
        using a *NIX already, this should be the first place to look. One
        question im not seeing... are you working from the machine remotely?
        I.E. ssh, FTP.. so on? If you issue a sudo -i from the machine
        directly you should have SuperUser powers...(after entering the su
        password that is) If you dont, I would have to say your problems are
        ALOT bigger than just not being able to edit your root directories..